April 2013 Moms

Angel care monitor

We just got an angel care for a gift but I am wondering how necessary it is. We have a nice camera monitor for when she is napping and since DH is back at work already, I usually sleep in the nursery at night so we don't wake him up. They gave us a gift receipt so I can take it back easily. I just think the concept is something I'm not I interested in unless someone convinces me otherwise.
Any STM or FTM have any opinions one way or another on this? TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Angel care monitor

• I'm totally with you on this. I had so many people tell me to get that monitor and I just could see for myself that having the extra reassurance was necessary. I'm a FTM, SAHWM. I just bought the summer video monitor. Our little girls room is right next t
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think this will really depend on your comfort. I personally don't have a monitor at all. Never had one with any of my girls. The only time I used one was when the girls went down for a nap at MIL in the summer and we were outside in the backyard. I felt
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Neurotic FTM here... I don't think it's a necessity and ALL of my friends have chosen not to use a movement monitor, but my hubby and I feel that (even with the risk of false alarms) it will help us to sleep better and worry less  when we are not rig
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Not for me. Even though it alarms when baby doesn't move I feel like I would lay awake listening for it to go off. We have a video monitor simply because we live in a big house. I wonder how I survived in a drop side crib with bumpers and no monitors at

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

IAmPregnant Ticker

• It helped me to sleep better with my first.  She used to wake up choking all the time, and I worried that she might choke at night and I would sleep through it.  I don't know whether I'll use it again this time around.
  • imagekimmarie1105:
    I wonder how I survived in a drop side crib with bumpers and no monitors at all!!

Lots

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My friend's 4 month old stopped breathing, and this monitor caught it.  They were able to perform CPR until paramedics arrived.  So it does work, but she says there are a TON of false alarms that make you go crazy.  So it just depends on

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"