Natural Birth

Raspberry Leaf Tea

Has anyone drank raspberry leaf tea in their third trimester?  I have been told to do it if I am going "au naturale," which I intend to do, God willing... What exactly does it do?  The only thing I have heard is that it makes your muscles stronger.  Which in turn does what? Make pushing and contractions more effective and productive?

Thanks!

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Raspberry Leaf Tea

• I drank it my entire third tri. I would make a big pitcher and keep it in the fridge like sweet tea. My uterus shrank down very quickly post delivery, other than that I dont know if it did anything.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• I say drink it if you want to, but don't push yourself if you hate it. My MWs strongly encouraged it in third tri and I drank the strong brew religiously. I had a 45 hour labor with several stalls, pushed for 4 hours, had a postpartum hemmorage, and am lo
  • Loading the player...
  • I figure every little thing can help, so I've been drinking it since 20 weeks.  I actually really like the taste.  I mix a bit of lemon and agave in with it and sip it through the morning.  Starting in the third tri I'll move to two cups a

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Are the RRL capsules as effective as the tea? I'm not much of a tea fan.  Anyone take the capsules? If so, how much/often? 

• I drank it with dd, and as a ftm I had a relatively easy labor. I only pushed for 20 minutes and my uterus had no problems shrinking afterward. I don't know how much was just my body and how much was the tea, but I figure it can't hurt. This time my midwi
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FTM here but I try to drink it at least once a day. Pretty soon I am going to start making a pitcher of it every morning for iced tea.

If you want a lot of information there is a HUGE thread about RRL on mothering.

https://www.motheri

photo ttgl_zps49ec0de7.jpg
  • imageCgoode517:
    Are the RRL capsules as effective as the tea? I'm not much of a tea fan. nbsp;Anyone take the capsules? If so, how much/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"