March 2013 Moms

grrrrrrr MIL...

Just talked to my MIL this morning and she asks when we are having another baby. I jokingly tell her it could be a looong time since my 30 hour labor is still giving me nightmares.. She says well you need to do it soon to prove the fortune teller wrong. Supposedly she went to a fortune teller like 20 years ago and she told my MIL that her oldest son would get married, have a daughter and then a few years later his wife would die leaving him and his daughter completely alone the rest of their lives. I have heard this story before, that supposedly I am going to die early but I am getting SO mad that she keeps talking about it! Especially recently! Who tells a pregnant lady and then a new Mom that she is going to die and leave her husband and daughter!? Now today she says the way I am going to die is in a car accident. I dont believe in all that fortune teller crap but I cant get it out of my mind.. I am already a nervous driver with LO as it is. And it makes me so sad to think of leaving them.... Damn pp hormones making it worse, I have been either crying or just super pissed all morning! Oh, and I have repeatedly told her that I dont want to hear about this and she keeps going on and on about all the stuff the fortune teller told her that came true.... grrrrrr
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: grrrrrrr MIL...

• jamujamu member
    That is really messed up. Has your husband said anything to her?
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • yea he has told her to shut up about it so she NEVER talks about it in front of him any more. What is rally messed up is that she has been telling him his wife is going to die since he was  7 or 8 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow, who says that to their DIL with a new baby?? Horrible.
    Our little angels went to Heaven very early: 1/2012, 2/2012, 3/2012. "The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away. Blessed be the name of the Lord". BFP 7/12/12- EDD March 26,2013 BabyName Ticker
  • Your MIL is freaking nuts.  

Maybe insist that you can no longer drive yourself anywhere due to the fortune teller's prediction.  Perhaps she'll quit that nonsense if she realizes its only going to result in her having to chauffeur you

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagemarkhamgurl:

Your MIL is freaking nuts.  

Maybe insist that you can no longer drive yourself anywhere due to the fo

• I wouldn't want to hear that either! Sorry you have to deal with such an insensitive person.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Wow, that sounds like a whole lot of crazy... stay strong!
    Geeky is as Geeky Does... BabyFruit Ticker
  • Whenever she tries to hold her you should tell her no because since you are going to die you need to spend all your time with her. Then call her and tell her you need milk from the store but she made you anxious to drive so she will need to go get it. Th
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • well, sometimes you can only fight crazy with crazy- tell your mil you visited a psychic, who explained that you'll be fine, but that she will die a horrific, unexpected death involving household cleaners on a day containing an "s"...
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Wow. It's time to stop that crazy train. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Wow, didn't think it was possible, but your MIL is crazier than mine!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Your husband needs to have a talk with her, that's totally inappropriate.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • The nerve of some people. Sorry Sad.
    Working, Breastfeeding, Unmedicated Birthing Mother of Two.
  • Is this for real.

Stop talking to that woman never mind she's your MIL.
  • Yes, unfortunately it's for real... I have really limited my communication with her, because trust me this is not the only thing that she says that drives me crazy... Yesterday on FB she told me to stop holding my baby that she will be spoiled if I dont.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"