High-Risk Pregnancy

37 weeks lung maturity

Hello,

I have an amnio tomorrow morning to make  sure LO's lungs are ready. If they are then, I will be induced tomorrow Evening!!!!My question is has anyone else had a 37 week or younger whose lungs were ready without the steroid shot? Also, if you were induced what was your experience (Im a STM and was induced with my first as well but Im curious to hear others experiences) 

Re: 37 weeks lung maturity

• DS3was born at 36 weeks 4lbs 10oz and his lungs were perfect!  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • They tested my LO on 3/25 at 37 weeks 3 days because of my diabetes and Pre-E.  Her lungs were fine and she was born 2 days later with no issues.  Good luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to hear that others have had good outcomes! I would like to thank all of you ladies on here for being so very understanding. I originally posed this exact post on 3rd trimester and all I got was a lot of comments about how its wrong for me to be indu
  • My DD was born at 37 weeks 3 days and she was great.  She was jaudice (sp, sorry), but that was minor.

Good luck

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My daughter was born at 37 weeks and 2 days.  they did an amnio the day before and her lungs were fine.  She came out perfect, not one minute in NICU (and she was delivered early because she wasn't doing well in utero).

Good luck!

• Yes DD was Born at 36 Weeks and was perfect. 
    Wife to Michael 5/25/02 
    Mom to Reilly 3/13/03 
    Mom to Ryder 7/26/13
    BFP 12/10/12
    Beta 12/12/12: 351 @16 dpo 
    Beta 12/17/12: 2999 @21 dpo 
    Beta 12/20/12: 7539 @24 dpo 

• My first son was delivered at 36 weeks 6 days, weighed 5lbs 6oz and didn't have any lung issues. He avoided NICU completely, even without the steroid shot. Every baby is different though. Good luck to you!
    Hawaii
  • My 2nd daughter was born right at 37 wks 0 days without any warning. My first was 10 days past EDD so we were shocked. She was just fine. I do remember her being a LOT more sleepy as a newborn. I actually had to wake her to feed almost every time. She sle
  • I have definitely heard of babies lungs being mature at 37 weeks.  That isn't abnormal.  Good luck and prayers for a safe delivery.

• aandgaandg member
    My daughter was born at exactly 36 weeks and she was perfect. No NICU time was needed. I did have the steroid shots at 31 weeks, but I'm pretty sure they are only "good" for a week or two after (sorry if this info is totally wrong).
    BFP #1 6/21/08 natural m/c 7/4/08 BFP #2 10/3/08 blighted ovum discovered 11/5/08 D&C 11/13/08 dx with hetero MTHFR 1/7/09 BFP #3 7/1/09 DS born 3/7/10 BFP #4 1/27/10 DD born 9/4/11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD was born at 37 weeks and did not need a steroid shot.
    imageimageimageimage

• DS1 born at 34 wks no problem with his lungs.  With DS2 I had the steroid shots at 32 wks because I was having contracts.  As pp said steroids are only good for 2 wks and at my hospital they won't give them after 34/5 wks.  You need to have

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My guys were born at 34w 3d- with no steroid shots- their lungs were mature.  I had an emergency c/s for pre-e.
  • I have been told that the risk of lung immaturity at 37 weeks is 5%. They give the steroid just to be on the safe side. I think its worth taking it even if the risk is low. I had my first at 31 weeks and because it was an emergency, didn't have time fo

• I had GD, and my little man's lungs were not mature at 37w5d. The doctors said that regardless of the GD, boys can take significantly longer for their lungs to mature.

I was induced anyways because of decreased fetal movement. I was on pitoci
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    Our friends DD was born at 35 weeks. Her lungs were perfect. She had no NICU time, roomed in with them, and was

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son at 37 weeks needed to be intubated and given safacturant....

In NICU for 10 days 

• ds 2 was born at 35 weeks with perfect lungs & 6 lbs 2 oz. only in nicu for jaundice (5 days). i did have the steroid shots at 27 weeks

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"