April 2013 Moms

NBR- Inlaw rant

My husbands younger brother, his wife and their son are coming for dinner tonight. We haven't seen them in over a year because they're not speaking to the rest of the family and refusing to attend holidays. As glad as I am to know they want a relationship with us, I'm a little frustrated that my SIL picked right now to ask to see our new house and get together. I'm freaking huge, having contractions (BH) for over a week, and she suggests we invite them over for dinner. 

It doesn't help that my BIL always gives backhanded compliments whenever anyone else cooks, my SIL is extremely competitive about everything especially who has a bigger house,  and their son is just plain socially incompetent. At least the son has an excuse; he's 10. 

I'm really not looking forward to being nice while they politely put us down and judge in an effort to feel better about themselves. 

I just needed to get that off my chest and its not a good idea to do it with my DH, he knows it all already and it doesn't serve any good to make him dwell on it with me.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NBR- Inlaw rant

• I'm glad you see them for what they are. 

I'm sorry you have to put up with them for dinner.  Hopefully it won't be too bad and the time goes quickly!

• I'm sorry! That sounds terrible! I pretend I'm dumb a lot around my inlaws. I act like I only get the compliment part of backhanded compliments and am "really busy" a lot. I have only ever invited inlaws over when I have a good way to kick them out when I
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Do your best to kill them with kindness. I'm the worst person to say "try to let comments roll off your back" because I'm usually not able to...but it'll help you have a better night. Hope it went okay...I just realized its 9pm. Lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Tell her that you prefer to save your money rather than spend it.  If she doesn't know what's in your bank account she can't make comments about it :) 
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"