Babies: 3 - 6 Months

is it ok to not do solids until 6 mo?

DD 1 was very good with solids and I started her at 4.5 months as per my pedi but DD 2 is just not into it and I haven't been pushing the issue. At 4 mo her thrust reflex was so strong, nothing was going down. Tried again at 5 months and same thing, or she would smile and let it dribble out. Here we are at almost 6 mo so I guess its time to try again. Anyone else waiting until 6?

Re: is it ok to not do solids until 6 mo?

• Yes, it's okay to not start until 6 months or after. It's actually what is recommended by the AAP.

You don't even have to start at 6 months if you don't want to.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We waited till 6 months with DD and will do the same this time.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Unless they are showing signs like drinking tons of milk. It should be ok.  DD was all for starting at 4.5 months. My boys haven't shown those signs as of yet. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Waiting until 6 months is recommended.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • The recommendation is to wait until 6 months to even try.
  • We are waiting for 6 months too, even though pedi recommended to start at his 4 month check up. There's no rush.
  • We've already gone past the 6 month mark, and still not quite ready. We're trying again at 7 months. I'd rather wait until he's really interested and mature enough for it, rather than struggle with trying sooner.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • it is great to not do solids till at least 6 months!! 

Let your child lead the way and show when she is ready..

Their stomachs don't develop automatcally like Bam 6 months ready for solids.. 

I plan on exclusive bf un

• I don't do baby food. I just waited until my kids were sitting on their own and started mimicking us when we ate before I gave them table food, for my first 2 it was around 8 and 9 months old. My middle child was toothless and eating steak at 10 months ol
  • Yes, 6 months is actually recommended. We started a little earlier with both kids but there's no real reason to give food early. All babies need for the first 12 months is formula/breastmilk anyway.

• My pedi said that baby can survive on breast milk alone up to a year. I thought it was 6 months (from what I heard on House MD lol).

I think we are going to try solids after DS's 6 month appointment. We have tried a few different solids so far, b

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"