Multiples

? for MOMs of 1 toddler +2

I know it is so early, and I could end up not having twins but....today I was talking with my mom about postpartum life.  I am starting to get scared.  My MIL is 77 and out of the question for help because in 6 weeks we are moving almost 30 mins away from her.  She already gets exhausted after watching DS for an hour, so I can't really count on her.  My mom still works part time and quite frankly, I think she really doesn't want to help play nanny when we get home with the babies.  She was saying my aunt who has twins hired a daytime nurse and my grandmother would sleep over at nights for help.  Am I really going to need this much help?  I know its a long ways away but today really started to panic.  Should we start saving money to hire someone to help?  I am afraid DS might get neglected and I don't want that to happen!!

Sorry, this is a premature freak out, but I think the concept of twins is just now hitting....and I am panicking!

imageimage

Re: ? for MOMs of 1 toddler +2

• DD is 3 and about to be 4.  We sent DD to stay with my Godmom for 2 weeks so that we could get into a routine with the boys.  DD does feel that she is neglected at times because sometimes we got busy.  Now that they are older it is less

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLadynikon:

DD is 3 and about to be 4.  We sent DD to stay with my Godmom for 2 weeks so that we could get into a routine

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • Can you toggle between mom and someone else?  Family friends who have children for DS to play with? We live 2.5 hours from all of my family :(.  So my godmom took her back to Baltimore ( we live in VA) when she came down to see the babies.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageLadynikon:
    Can you toggle between mom and someone else?  Family friends who have children for DS to play with? We live 2.5 h

imageimage

• My oldest turned 2 a couple months before my babies were born. DH took 3 weeks off of work and then went back full time. We sent our oldest to daycare 3 days a week, DH took her before work and picked her up on his way home. The other 2 days that DH worke
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I have only had the boys for a week, but so far I have been fine on my own. My mom helped me nest and clean my house and now I just maintain it. When DS 1 naps, the babies are usually asleep and so I nap then as well. At night, DH helps a little, but for
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My DD1 had just turned 14 months when the little girls arrived. I had a good amount of help for the first month. Including my husband,mom,and other family. We had help watching them,cleaning,cooking,keeping DD1 entertained.

I was able to sleep,re

• I have a 2 year old son and 7 week old twins. He turned 2 two weeks after they were born. : I was so scared that it would be terrible and I would be so stressed out all the time. There are definitely stressful moments and I am tired a lot but I really f
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Okay, this is all making me feel much better!  First thing we are gonna do at our house is get a fence for the yard so I can go out back with DS and let him hit the swing set while the babys are just hanging out.  Except its gonna be winter....o

imageimage

• As soon as my babies hit my 40 week due date, they "came alive" and also became HORRIBLE sleepers from then until 4 months old (when we started modified sleep training). They were up every single hour during the night (wish I was kidding about that) in

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagesmscartozzi:
    Okay, this is all making me feel much better!  First thing we are gonna do at our house is get a fence for t
    J - 9/6/09 L and A - 1/17/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"