Stay at Home Moms

Car seat experts

DS hasn't outgrown the weight restrictions (not even close) on his convertible car seat yet, but he's on the top height setting and he's starting to look kinda scrunched. I'm thinking in a few months we may need to look into something else.

Any recommendations for tall kids? Maybe I'm not looking in the right places but I can't find a lot of good info for max height, and I want something that will last us until he's in a booster. 

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Car seat experts

• I'm on my phone, so I can't see your ticker. DS2 is very tall for his age, and the Graco Myride 65 has been great. He just reached the RF limit for height on itto be turned FF.
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• I don't have personal experience, but I have heard that Radians tend to be better for taller kids and have high extended rear-facing and 5-pt harness capacity.
    imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Loading the player...
  • DH is 6'6 and I am 6', so we knew we would have a tall baby. At a little over 7 months, she is close to 28". We chose the Diono R120 because of the height capacity and the safety ratings. She's been in it for about 3 weeks a really seems to enjoy it. No c
  • RF or FF?

We just got DD3 a Graco Nautalis.  It is FF facing only (she is almost 3), and has a 52" height and 65 lb weight for the 5 point harness.  It also converts to a high back booster and a backless.  She is about 38" but on

• imageArnegard:

RF or FF?

We just got DD3 a Graco Nautalis.  It is FF facing only (she is almost 3), and has a 52" heig

• The nautilus is a great option. It has very tall top harness slots, so accommodates kids well until they're old enough for a booster (you can almost disregard the weight restrictions; the vast majority of kids hit height limits light years before hitting
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If he's gonna be FF I totally recommend the Frontier 85 - LOVE this seat!  It harnesses up to 85lbs and then a booster up to 120lbs :-)
  • imagepenguingrrl:
    (you can almost disregard the weight restrictions; the vast majority of kids hit height limits light years before hi
  • Thanks for all the recs ladies! I'm going to look into these this week.

I finally got a chance to look at the manual for his seat today and it says up to 40inches tall but dude, there's no way. I think he's still only 34 inches and a couple more

• imageNandaB:
    imagejehprb:</st
  • imageHav=Fath:
    A kid weighing 150 pounds is still in a booster?!?!

The requirment is 4'9" to get out of

• imagejehprb:
    If he's gonna be FF I totally recommend the Frontier 85 - LOVE this seat!  It harnesses up to 85lbs and then a bo
  • The Radian is the way to go, IF it will fit in your vehicle.  We had the worst time with rear-facing with the Radian, because it is so long, we had to move the front seat to an almost unusable position ... which I got to sit in for almost 2 years bef
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"