May 2013 Moms

Wall decals?

Has anyone gotten a wall decal for their nursery? I'm looking at getting one but I'm not sure where to get it from. I looked at the ones at Target but I didn't like any of them, and the ones on Amazon have such mixed reviews it's hard to know if they are good or not. Where else could I look?

Also, is it okay to put them over the crib? I'm worried about pieces peeling off from the wall and landing in the crib!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
image image image

Re: Wall decals?

• I had the exact same problem so we ended up making our own. And by "we," I mean my talented, artsy friend made them for me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am planning on ordering monogram ones from Etsy after we have a name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • We bought ours at buy buy baby. It looks great and they're easy to take off and on the wall.
  • I don't have personal experience with using wall decals, but I do like them.  This website has some cute ones:

https://www.rosenberryroom

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers
    O14 January Signature Challenge: Snow Fails
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We got ours from Simply Said https://www.simplysaiddesigns.com/

They have lots to choose from. Also, no matter where you get yours from, I really wouldn't be concerned about them peeling off the wall

• imageMermaidNM:
    I am planning on ordering monogram ones from Etsy after we have a name.

Yes,

• We got ours from Etsy [I think the specific shop was Modern Walls] and I don't think it's going to peel off on it's own. I love it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I don't know if you have a Joann Fabrics near you, but mine has a very large selection of wall decals. Also, maybe Michaels or AC Moore? (Don't know if they are near you either...)
  • I also ordered mine from Etsy from a shop called NurseryDecalsNMore and I am in love with them. They were totally customizable as far as color options. Mine are repositionable though so I tried to keep them out of little fingers reach.
  • I got mine from etsy.  There are millions of them there.  It's right behind our crib. 

My Life in D.C.
    The Daily Nugget

photo beachwave_zps17d3b89a.jpg
    Cycle 12, IUI #1 - 33m post wash 10/15/10 = BFN
    Cycle 13, IUI #2 - 15m post wash 11/16/10 = BFP, missed m/c, D&C 1/3/11
    Cycle 15 - 18, IUI #3-6 = BFN
    Cycle 20, IUI #7 = BFP!, missed m/c 9/14, D&C
    DE-IVF Aug. 2012: ER 8/30 11R, 7M, 4F; ET 9/4 returned 2
    Beta 9/18 #1-820, #2-1699, #3-7124
    10/1 1st u/s measuring right on track, 125 bpm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we got ours at etsy as well. then you can specify color etc :
  • We got ours on etsy too. I sent in a picture of our bedding and they were able to match the colors too. It was great and looks super cute.
  • we went the cheaper decals from babies r us. If our walls weren't slightly textured, I think they would have stuck great on their own, but because of our walls, we were having issues with them starting to fall off. After doing some searching, we found a e
  • Ebay
  • Ours are from a Lambs and Ivy line at BRU. They stick really well, the walls are painted in a semi gloss and I think that helped them stick (to the smooth surface). We have a few close to the crib, I will take them down if I notice them peeling or curling
  • I don't have one for the nursery but have a verse in our living room. I got it at Hobby Lobby and have had it on our wall for almost 3 yrs...never had a problem with them falling off.
  • I ordered a beautiful decal off Etsy.  It's above the crib, and there is no way it's going to peel off unless someone does it on purpose.  

It was a PITA to put up, though.   Much, much harder than the quotes I have in&n

Pregnancy Ticker

• Planning on making ours, but the ones they have at Hobby Lobby are very cute.
    Photobucket Our fur babies, Stella and Falkor!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I got some on etsy. Just putting them up today. What a pain in the butt. Haha
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Etsy.com
    LovedBy2
  • I just ordered some from wallsneedlove.com I have never used decals from them before, but my SIL has and loves them! 
  • Thanks, everyone! So many options!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 9/5/2012 -- Born 5/20/2013 -- Welcome, rainbow baby!
    BFP #1 1/24/12 -- No HB 2/16/12 -- Misoprostol 3/10/12
    image image image
  • KLJ3KLJ3 member
    We got a set of forest animals from Amazon that were about 25 bucks, and they went on beautifully. I've had them up for about a month and have had no issues.

I wanted a tree for above the crib, though. After seeing how expensive trees could

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I got this one from Etsy.

"I am a woman phenomenally. Phenomenal woman, that's me."~Maya Angelou BabyFruit Ticker
  • We ordered a tree decal from Etsy, though haven't received it yet.

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • imageMAdams728:
    I ordered a beautiful decal off Etsy.nbsp; It's above the crib, and there is no way it's going to peel off unless someon

bfp #1 10/15/2009 m/c 11/4/09 10 weeks Lily you are not forgotten
    bfp #2 4/5/2010 CP, m/c 4/12/10 5 weeks Baby Lo
    Diagnosed PCOS 10/10 RX 1500 mg Metformin/day
    bfp#3 4/5/2011 Missed m/c discovered 5/24/2011 (10w 5d) baby Asher stopped growing at 6 weeks
    I know he is playing with his siblings in heaven right now...

rx'd factor II gene mutation 7/11 prescribed 5000 units Heparin daily
    rx'd Sjogren's Disease 8/11

bfp #4 9-6-2012 RAINBOW Baby Ky born 5-9-13
    bfp #5 8-26-14  RAINBOW #2 Due 5-8-2015

baby development
  • LoALoA member
    We bought ours off etsy for my DS. He has one over his bed and is now 2 and it hasn't peeled off yet.
  • I have ordered several decals from www.tradingphrases.com and they always turn out really nice (and look painted on) they don't have that clear backing that so many of them do that looks really tacky. 

I put them up in my daughter's nu

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"