Multiples
Options

I just got shamed!

So I am in Target, minding my own business, when a middle aged man walks up to me and says "You really shouldn't do that." Cue my uber confused expression as he continues with "It is bad for your twins development for you to dress them alike. They are going to grow up to hate you." And then he walked away. I must have stood there for a full minute trying to figure out wtf just happened. And then I bought them two more ID dresses.

I get that as my girls get older, they will not want to dress alike. As soon as they start to express a desire to wear non matching outfits, then they can...but until then, I see it as my reward for double the screaming, double the bodily fluids, double the sleep deprivation. And frankly, I do the dmn laundry, and I dress them! I will dress them as I please. And if two adorable gingham smocked rompers are offensive to that man...his life must really stink!!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: I just got shamed!

• Options

aw man! don't listen!

i have a few friend who have twin girls, and then some friends who have girls close in age. it seems like in their experience, the girls will fight over the clothes anyway, so they just get them the same stuff!

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options

WE still do it at 2.5 years old....but it's less because I think it's cute and more because if there is ONE THING DIFFERENT about an outfit - they will fight over one of them.

so...to make my mornings less stressful - we dress them alike </p

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    People are so rude.  And what sucks is they usually catch you so off guard, it's hard to think of a snappy comeback.  I think your girls will be just fine if you dress them in the same outfits every once in awhile.  Why do people think they
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Clearly he and his brother were forced to dress alike until they were 17!!  Sometimes I hate when strangers give their two cents....that was unnecessary.  Babies dressed the same look sooooooo cute!!!!

imageimage

• Options
    What a douche-what business is it of his?  You're right now-they have no idea what they are wearing right now-so take advantage and dress them how it makes you happy!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    imagesmscartozzi:
    Clearly he and his brother were forced to dress alike until they were 17!!nbsp; Sometimes I hate when strangers give t

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    I dress mine alike whenever possible! I think its cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Woe, I had no idea you were dressing them alike. I probably should stop being your friend as you are clearly the mother of future sociopaths. How dare you even question this guy? He probably was right.

SMH ;
  • Options
    Thank you so much for sharing this! My boys are in matching sleepers now....I had no idea I was scarring them for life!! Better change them before any more damage is done! :p

What a twerp....sorry you had to deal w/ that!
  • Options
    imageLottaLattes:
    Woe, I had no idea you were dressing them alike. I probably should stop being your friend as you are clearly the mothe

• Options
    LMAO.

Someone shamed me the other day because mine weren't dressed alike. He told me, "you're supposed to dress twins alike.". I suggested that he notify the twin police.
    Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    SV917SV917 member
    My sister and I are 5 years apart and my mom still made matching Easter and Christmas dresses for us. Somehow we are both welladjusted individuals.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    People should mind their own business! If I had 2 girls I would do it occasionally but I'm a bit thrifty my son is bigger than my daughter so I'm buying all coats and sweatshirts in a more neutral color so she can use them too!
  • Options
    imageMuseumMaven:
    LMAO.

Someone shamed me the other day because mine weren't dressed alike. He told me, "you're supposed t
  • Options
    Amen. I haven't had mine yet, but my ILs always ask if I plan to dress them alike in a disapproving voice. Um, yes. Not only is it cute, it's easier. You're the mom and you get to decide. Done.
  • Options
    images0ulchicken:
    imagesmscartoz
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    People need to keep their comments to themselves! My daughter has beautiful red hair, and everyone and their mother feel the need to comment on it and offer me "advice". Leave me alone. 
  • Options

my one friend has a twin brother and told me that. I said yeah, cause that's going to happen....

My Mom made my sister and I matching dresses when we were little (we're two years apart) and I LOVED how it look so my kids would have had matching o

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options

imageLiveLaughLove17:
    People need to keep their comments to themselves! My daughter has beautiful red hair, and everyone and their
    Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
  • Options
    imagekatiebenes:

imageLiveLau
  • Options
    BAER to him.
    fraternal twin boys born january 2009
  • Options
    cadencaden member
    My kids' opinions are the only ones I care about WRT matching clothes. Being that they don't have any opinions yet I don't give a crap what anyone else thinks. I match my kids every day even if we don't leave the house. I love it.
  • Options
    I do coordination, that way i can know who is getting into something based on the colors lol.
  • Options
    I rarely dress mine the same. I try to coordinate looks but not the same exact outfit. We said from day one we wanted to promote their individuality. It's not that I see anything wrong with dressing them alike, it's super cute, but we just don't.
    Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cadencaden member
    I use the term "matching" to mean coordinating or exactly the same. We mostly coordinate too.
  • Options
    ironically.. I get shamed for not dressing them alike. People will say stuff regardless.  Minding ones own business has become an art rather than common sense.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageLiveLaughLove17:
    imagekatie

Layla 01.08.12

Chloe and Vivian 07.23.13

My Gang.  Halloween 2013

• Options
    imageLiveLaughLove17:
    imagekatie
  • Options

My B/G twins are almost 2.5 and we still dress them alike with no plans of stopping. They think it's cool to have coordinating outfits (he gets a romper, she gets a dress in the same fabric) and I think it's adorable. 

<span style="font-size

• Options
    That's really funny.  I actually was commenting today about how I obviously won't dress them in the same outfit because they are not the same gender but I do dress them in similar or coordinating colors/outfits.  I don't see anything wrong with
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"