Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Tummy sleeping

Tonight is night one of trying to stop the MOTN feelings for DD. she woke up at midnight and I gave her the binky and rocked her. She fought me for a little while, but never totally gave in. Then I wrapped her up in her blanket, turned her on her stomach and swayed. Out like a light. I put her in her crib on her tummy and uncovered her a little. She is sound asleep. It took an hour but she did it. 

Anyone else have a baby that sleeps better on their tummy?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tummy sleeping

• Forgot to mention that DD is 7 months old and EBF.
  • Yes! DD and I bedshared until she was about 7 months. She started rolling over from back to tummy around that time. She previously had never rolled that way before. She was also waking up several times a night to nurse for just a few minutes. We have a me
    imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, my daughter is a tummy sleeper as well.  She is 6 months old, but has been sleeping on her tummy for quite some time.  When she was an infant she had really bad reflux and would choke badly on her spit up when back sleeping.  We had a
  • DS is EBF and also 7 months old and no matter how I lay him down in his crib I always find him on his tummy drooling away
  • Our little guy has only slept on his tummy. Freaked us out but it was either that or hold him 24/7. We ended up getting a Snuza so we could relax a little.
  • imagekaitaloon:

Tonight is night one of trying to stop the MOTN feelings for DD. she woke up at midnight and I gave her the binky a

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

imageimageimage
  • as of recent, yes! LO is rolling over to his side or tummy to sleep. it freaks me out a bit b/c we are so trained that "back is best" but everything ive read is saying that at this point, it he's strong enough to roll over he should be fine. i'm trying no
  • DD has slept on her tummy since she was 7 weeks old. Does your daughter roll over on her own?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad to hear there are other tummy sleepers.  :) she doesn't roll over yet. I am having a problem getting her to fall asleep on her tummy, if she is just crying but still half asleep I can roll her to her belly, but she won't put herself to sleep tha
  • imagemommydeeblogger:
    Yes, my daughter is a tummy sleeper as well.  She is 6 months old, but has been sleeping on her tummy fo
  • imageTaviaBrad:
    imagekaitaloon:<
  • DS just started tummy sleeping a dew weeks ago. I've been going crazy trying to get him to stay on his back. Our pedi, who is very old school, actually surprised me when he reminded us to keep him on his back. I guess I assumed since he was so old school

[MC 11.20.11] [DS born 9.24.12] [DD born 10.15.14]

• I have a tummy sleeper, but I put her on her back and she rolls over to sleep. 

• imagekaitaloon:
    Forgot to mention that DD is 7 months old and EBF.

Same.

• Our LO started rolling on his side to sleep a few weeks ago then this past week I have found him sleeping on his tummy from time to time. he has a nasty cold now so maybe it's helping him breathe? I mentioned it to my mom and she reminded me that when we
  • imagedanab_sd:
    I have a tummy sleeper, but I put her on her back and she rolls over to sleep. 

T

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"