June 2013 Moms

Cloth Diapering

Any other June Momma's looking into cloth diapering? 

I've been reading a lot about it over the last week and wanted to see if anyone had anymore resources or topics that I hadn't thought about. 

At this point, everyone sort of thinks I'm nuts (they won't say it outloud, but I can tell!), but knowing that if I do end up doing this, I can save $2500 (give or take depending on brand choice) over the next 2-2.5 years on diapers, it will be well worth it. Not to mention not contributing to landfill waste and the resources and energy required to manufacture and deliver diapers.

Some resources I have used in this decision:

1) The Happy Baby Company (this is a local Pittsburgh store)
www.happybabycompany.com

2) The Real Diaper Association
www.realdiaperassociation.org

3) Thirsties brand website
www.thirstiesbaby.com

4) Pinstripes & Polkadots
https://www.pinstripesandpolkadots.com/diaperrashcreams.htm

5) Changing Diapers: The Hip Mom's Guide to Modern Cloth Diapering by Kelly Wels

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Cloth Diapering

• We are going to give it a try with a diaper service. by my math, we will still save 2000 with a service. The service I want isn't available in my area until the summer, so we will do disposable for a month or so.
    **Child and Loss Mentioned**

~~~God's Promises are Good and True! ~~~

Baby boy born 6/3/13 after 13 cycles :)
    Angel Baby Loss November 2018.
      Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yup, I'm planning on cloth diapering as well. I find that most people who have had weird reactions know very, very little about cloth diapering. 

For the newborn stage we have a stash about 50/50 of prefolds and covers and nb pockets.

<p
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imageariaforte8:

Yup, I'm planning on cloth diapering as well. I find that most people who have had weird reactions know very, very

Eleanor Carter-Lynn born 6.4.13, 17 days early, natural birth
    Tetraolgy of Fallot discovered 6.5.13, Open Heart Surgery 10.7.13

(I never see Siggys... I'm always on moblie)
    Ps- My iphone make me sound dumb sometimes... 
  • imageBbyCarter13:
    imageariaforte
    BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I plan on it! :) As a newborn she will be using covers and prefolds. My mom is making some pockets and I will also use OS pockets. I plan on saving them for our next child.. So even more money saved. And of course, the environment gets a little saving

m/c 2002 7w2d
    bfp 9.6.12 | edd 5.17.13 | m/c 9.19.12 5w5d

bfp 10.18.12 | edd 6/28/13

beta#1 10.18.12 - 96 / progestrone 32 || beta#2 10.22.12 - 711 || beta#3 10.25.12 - 2608 DD born 6/27/13

bfp 7.16.14 | edd 3/27/15

beta#1 7.18.14 - 149 || beta#2 7.21.14 - ??

• I tried cloth diapers with my son but it was more of a hassle than anything. Saving money is great and I'd do anything to do it, but it was a hassle. It didnt work for me but maybe it'll work for you! Good luck!
  • I cloth diapered my first and will cloth diaper this kiddo as well (FOR FREE!!!)

I love love love cloth diapers.  LOVE them. 

We use prefolds from greenmountaindiaper.com and thirsties covers. 

We said "I Do" on 9/27/2008!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really really wish we could but it won't save us any money at this point with M and it would just be too iffy to do with DS because we have coin operated, very basic laundry machines that our entire building uses. So we have to factor in the money to

Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Cottonbabies.com 

Greenmountaindiapers.com

kellyscloset.com

clothdiaperoutlet.com

:)

Good luck :)

I've CD'd DS since birth and I just recorded my NB diaper stash video for #2.  We love love love cloth dia

*Bumping since 2007*
    had to change my sn :) TTC # 1 since Jan 06
    Miracle Baby #1 - March 2012
    Miracle Baby #2 - June 2013
  • skioskio member
    We're doing it.

The savings aren't always as much as a lot of sites and blogs say it is. We were frugal with DD after the newborn stage and spent about 1100 to 1300 on diapers over two years. Our budget for CDs is 450, so our savings is less
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I am curious and want to try cloth diapering, but have to return to work.  Most child care centers in my area require disposables.
  • imageJami90:
    I am curious and want to try cloth diapering, but have to return to work.  Most child care centers in my area req
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"