Pregnant after 35

Nobody warned me about..

the stupid annoying comments people make as your belly grows. I get asked at least once a day why I'm still coming to work, am I supposed to be laying on the couch eating ice cream or something? People have been offering to "roll" me around the office, and to add insult to injury, I went to get a breakfast sandwich today and the dude at the register pointed to my stomach and said wooaaaahh looks like you already ate a big breakfast today, in front of a line of people. So not funny.

I'm trying to remind myself that I'm thankful to be pregnant and be in the position to have these comments made in the first place, but man I just might drop kick someone before the end of this ....

nate and teddy
Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Nobody warned me about..

• I think it's the universal burden of all pregnant women to have people make comments about (and touch, without permission) their bellies...

If it makes you feel any better, I get the "You don't look like you're 7.5 months pregnant!" or "You're pre
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Oh I know what you mean!  It's really unbelievable how people seem to completely lose their filters when it comes to pregnant ladies.  These same people would never make those comments to someone who wasn't pregnant (and would be offended if

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
  • Loading the player...
  • OMG the questions I get about working crack me up-- I work in a freaking hospital, people! What better place to go into labour?!? I'm literally 5 minutes maximum in a wheelchair (2-3 if someone pushes me while jogging) from the maternity ward and I'm surr
    *********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Yeah I understand completely, its super annoying.  I can't believe that guy said that to you though, really rude.  I keep getting told that I'm looking bigger, yes thank you I am about to deliver a baby duh.  For awhile it was that I didn't
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • I gave him a death look and said, yah that's sooo funny. I'm also pretty sure a co-worker just walked by and laughed when she saw me. She either has a weird tick or was literally laughing at me waddling down the hall. I understand I'm carrying pretty h

nate and teddy
    Me 41 DH 46  Not actively ttc, surprise BFP on 1/6/11! 4/1/11 m/c our sunshine at 16wks after complications from CVS test. TTC #2 **5th cycle 12/6/11 BFP! Missed m/c at 9 weeks 1/21/12, trisomy 14. Two Chemical PG 3/12&7/12
    ** BFP 8/16/12 beta #1 148! beta#2 407 beta #3 4000 u/s 9.10 1 lovely hb 126, Baby Boy is due 04/28/13!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• What I love (facetious) is when people run right into my belly and/or don't move out of the way for it.  I'm like "Hello!  I'm pregnant!".  I mean... it's not like I can suck it in to squeeze past them... it's sort of a non-negotiable physi
  • Are you typically a happy, joking-type person?  Maybe they're just playing off that personality and trying to be fun?  I don't know, but I never dealt with any of that during my 1st pg.  Not even the touching my belly thing by strangers. &n
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm not looking forward to all the naive comments about my weight and such, but, unfortunately for whoever is dumb enough to make a bad comment , I have a ton of retorts back. The best one is always the redirect the question Them: " Are you sure there'

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers photo 11E5F5F6-4D0F-49E1-B9B6-320CF42213BE_zpspw0gd9zw.jpg photo 4dcf6524-f3e2-4099-82e2-545cd6740157_zpsb9a1d5a3.jpg
  • I'm sorry you're having to deal with such winners at your office. I have no idea why PG ladies are such fair game for random dumbass comments.
  • You could say "I'm not pregnant" and wait for that reaction ;
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"