Preemies

Anna is Home!

Whew, what a whirlwind couple of days! Anna had a good weekend of feeding so we hoped to come home this week, but her doctor surprised us by asking Monday morning if we would like to go home that day! We told him that if it was an April Fool's Joke, it was the worst one ever!! Anna passed her car test easily and we packed up the room where we lived for 83 days. We got home around 7pm Monday night and ever since our focus has been on getting Anna to eat and sleep. As long as that's done, everything else will fall into place!

We've been trying to keep her on the NICU schedule but sometimes she eats more and sometimes she eats less. She is also nursing half her feeds so we don't really know exactly how much she's getting then. I have decided not to stress about it until after her first pedi appointment on Friday. If she isn't gaining properly, we'll be a little more obsessive about it but for now I want to work off of mommy instinct and reading her cues.

Here's a little peek at our tiny princess:

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15

Re: Anna is Home!

• Congrats!!! I know its such a wonderful feeling. I found myself worrying at first over feeds but remembered the nicu goals can be a bit lofty. Our first weigh in went great and eased the pressure a bit. Also congrats on the nursing!

Enjoy!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • That's wonderful! Congrats! She's beautiful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on making it through your long journey in the NICU. She is beautiful.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Congratulations !!!! I stressed about the schedule and wish I would have been more relaxed like you! Mom instinct is a powerful thing!
    imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• ashk7ashk7 member
    Congrats!!! You are in a great mindset! Don't stress, I remember when we first got dd home I would panic if she left anything in her bottle. Because your sooo used to the numbers game. I will never forget my mom looking at me and saying. " this is it, wha
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for some forums. Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Congrats! She is precious!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats on homecoming!
    Married 9/22/07, began TTC 8/10
    Diagnosed with DOR, LP defect, mild endometriosis and cysts
    BFP #1 EDD 9/10/11, natural miscarriage at 6w
    BFP #2 Medicated cycle, twin boys born 4/4/12 at 29w4d
    BFP #3 EDD 8/8/14, D&C for missed miscarriage at 8w, baby boy with triploidy
    BFP #4 June 2014 CP
  • Congratulations!! Welcome home Anna!

• She is beautiful.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DrRxDrRx member

Congratulations!!!  We got off the NICU schedule when we got home since Adalyn liked to cluster feed in the evenings and not eat as much in the morning.  As long as she met her daily goal we didn't stress. 

TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
  • Welcome home, Anna! She is precious!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Yay!!! I'm so happy for you.  That's awesome news!  Enjoy your little sweetie at HOME.
  • that is great news! Congrats!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• Congrats!  Such wonderful news. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • So happy for you! She is beautiful!

Your approach to feeding is exactly what I did... Nursing included and overall it served us very well! Follow her cues.. You mommy instinct is powerful
    mom to V; 25 weeker born at 1lb 7oz

www.virginiakkent.blogspot.com

• Congratulations! Welcome home, Anna! I hope you have a smooth ride as you adjust to being all together at home as a family!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Congrats!  This is such great news.  When my son came home from the NICU we tried to keep up with the schedule too, but then his pedi told me to stop.  That he was home and he would eat and sleep when he needed.  He said it was time to
  • Yay!! Welcome home, Anna! How wonderful! :)
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"