November 2013 Moms
Options

Subchorionic Hematoma

I had an ultrasound at 5w4d for abdominal cramping and they found a SCH. I had no vaginal bleeding at this time. At this time it measured .5cm x .4cm x.5cm. At 8w1d I had another ultrasound to look for a heartbeat and check bleed. They found a heartbeat of 156 which is good. Now my SCH is 2.5cm x 2.1cm x 2.3cm. It has grown significantly. I am now supposed to take it easy and not have sex (for months!)... They said another ultrasound is not necessary. They said if I have vaginal bleeding to let them know. I don?t have to go for another appointment for 4 weeks and they said next ultrasound will be around 18 weeks. I am really nervous because I know SCH increases my risk of miscarriage. Is anyone else going through this?

Re: Subchorionic Hematoma

• Options

I believe someone recently posted on the PgAL board about this. I would check there if you don't get as many responses.

Good luck! 

• Options
    Yes, I woke up Easter morning bleeding heavily.. for about 6 hours. We fully thought I had a miscarriage and cried our eyes out. We went to the doc on the Monday and were shocked! The baby was still alive! They diagnosed me with the same thing. I got call
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a clotting disorder that runs in my family Factor 5 it's called. I'm wondering if they are going to put me on Coumadin to keep the clot down. I didn't get the size like you did, but they said it was big. The hemorrhage was really scary. I've been
  • Options

What kind of shot do you have to get? I am surprised I don?t have to get another ultrasound. I guess if I miscarriage there isn't much they can do anyways.... It is scary to h

• Options

I had one with my last pregnancy, which I carried to full-term. I had spotting from the beginning of that pregnancy and at about 14 weeks, I had a huge bleed, dropping clots and thought I was miscarrying. I was put on bedrest for a week and was on pelv

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageeliseccu:
    We have a clotting disorder that runs in my family Factor 5 it's called. I'm wondering if they are going to put me
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wish I could remember the name but it started with an R. It was to try to stop more bleeding so far it has been fine since Sun morning. The shot is only needed if you have a negative blood type but they gave it to me anyway since bloodwork wouldn't be b
  • Options
    They tested me for it today. It'll be good to know for sure! My dad has it and will be on Coumadin permanently. :
  • Options

This is my first pregnancy and I have not had any vaginal bleeding. I wouldn?t have even known there was something wrong if I didn?t have the cramping. I am realizing there is

• Options
    Can you repost the link? I'd love to read too, thanks!
  • Options

I know if you are rh - and your partner is rh + they will give you a shot called rhogam. It is a medication to decrease your bodies immune system. They give it so your body do

• Options
    imagemclaughlin89:
    I know if you are rh and your partner is rh they will give you a shot called rhogam. It is a medication to decrease
  • Options
    How severe was your cramping. Just askin bc I've had cramping the past few weeks. I'm not on the floor in pain but it is enough to wake me up at night. It has me nervous.
  • Options
    Was it Rhomgam shot? Are you Rh? I am and had pretty much the same situation on Easter. As of today I was still spotting some brown... But had the exact same diagnosis. We had blood work done and everything seemed normal... I don't think I will feel good
  • Options
    imagebalderdash9:
    How severe was your cramping. Just askin bc I've had cramping the past few weeks. I'm not on the floor in pain but it
  • Options
    imagebalderdash9:
    How severe was your cramping. Just askin bc I've had cramping the past few weeks. I'm not on the floor in pain but it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"