Stay at Home Moms

s/o vasectomy

DH and I have been talking more about permanent bc now that we are sure we are done.

He was all for getting a vasectomy, then a few days ago he came home and said a coworker was telling him that the only 2 guys he knows that had it done now have erectile problems. (According to his wife), then another of their coworkers admitted he's had some issues since his too. So, now he thinks this is common and nervous.

Have any of your Hs that had it done had any problems w anything? I think he will still get it done, but I want to try to reassure him it will be ok. I also really don't want to get a tubal, but will consider it if I have to.

Q :  06.25.10
W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

Re: s/o vasectomy

• I do not know much about it but perhaps both men went to the same doctor?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've never heard of that happening. I know several men who have had a vasectomy and that hasn't been a problem.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My DH has been as horny and ever and gets it up all.the.time.  No issues at all.
  • DH had a vasectomy 3 years ago and hasn't had any issues. 
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • My husband had one and I can honestly say there isnt an issue.  For that matter all of the men I know (at least from what their wives have said) who have had one have not had that issue - because DH asked them all for their opinions before he went un
    file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • DH had it done, and had no problems, and no side effects.  On the other hand, my uncle had one done in the 90's, and had excruciating pain and had to have corrective surgery done.  I honestly don't know much about what happened ... I mean, co

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageI Heart The 80s:
    imageArnegard:

• That has to be a weird coincidence, or someone is fibbing or trying to scare him or something.. I dunno.  I'm sure stuff happens, it's still surgery.  But I don't think it's common at all.   My DH had one 5 years ago and has had zero i
    E+C
    (+ hers and his, ages 13 & 8)
    TTC
  • imageArnegard:
    My DH has been as horny and ever and gets it up all.the.time.  No issues at all.

lol t

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH had one this past November, a few months after Alex was born.  He used the same doctor that my friend's husband used.  My friend's hubby was able to have It done at the office and was home in 2 hours.  My husband, because of his ana
  • H had one 4 years ago and hasn't had any issues at all.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I've never heard of that.

• DH hasn't had his yet (he plans to do it next year) but most of his friends have had it done and to my knowledge none of them have ever had that kind of problem post-op.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"