TTC after 35

new to forums...hi and my "story"...

I'm 43 and trying for my first child.  This is my 5th month under an RE's care. Luckily I am not working this year, but will be back end of August, so feeling very pressured because I could never keep up with all of this while working.  I have been traveling 45 min each way to and from drs. office getting the never-ending bloodwork, ultrasounds and 2 iui's.  My problems seem to be ovulating early some months (day 7, day 9, etc). and despite all the progesterone my lining is still not great after ovulation.  To help with this, I am now on estradiol which I started on monday after getting a neg pregnancy test. I have been doing acupuncture, no alcohol, eating better, excercising, little to no caffeine, starting yoga this week, just starting taking b6 and vit e).  My RE does not feel like IVF will increase my chances.  I'm reading about so many taking clomid...he has never mentioned that for me.  Is it b/c I'm older?  Another RE mentioned it. Shoudl I be taking DHEA or anything else?  He doesn't mention anything. I'm wondering if I should try another dr. or continue where I am (cooper-check).  I liked this RE b/c he did not jump to donor eggs like some others. But, perhaps they were all correct and I'm just wasting critical time.  Sorry...I'm feeling very down and have nobody to talk to. 

Re: new to forums...hi and my "story"...

• Welcome! I wish you all the luck! I can relate to how you feel, TTCing can be very stressful! I wish you all the luck and I hope your stay is very short. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi, bdmc.   Welcome to the board.  I am 43, too.  I would definately get a second opinion or two.  I know that we are all unique and doctors can have different approaches but, due to our age, he or she should be

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 15 to 80 day cycle tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, Jacque. My amh was .66. FSH has been from 7 to 14 on day 2/3. I'm not exactly sure if these numbers are terrible.  My RE doesn't feel IVF will increase my chances, so maybe I should try to find another.  I'm in PA.  So far through m
  • You are welcome.  I can only give you advice to my story and what my doctor has told me, so take this with a grain of salt.....but, I would be going to another doctor and asking their advice to your medical records and test results and how they fe

• I am also 43.  I have heard good things about Dr. Check and am surprised the he is not recommending mini-IVF for you.  Traditional IVF, and the high stims involved, sometimes effects egg quality-yielding little more eggs that mini (aka micro)

TTC since 10/09 Me-43 DH-44 RE and testing 10/10-11/10, Recommending IVF 1/11 New RE AMA and DOR-DH low motility IVF #1.1 cancelled 3/11 due to poor response IVF #1.2 May 2011, one perfect 8-cell embryo, 3dt-BFN, IVF #2.1 Converted to IUI d/t poor response. New RE 9/2011. IVF 2.2 completed using HGH,EPP,DHEA, Q-10 and accupuncture. Transferred one 8-cell, grade one embryo on 10/19. BFP 10/31/11 Chemical pregancy on 11/2/11. Started stims for IVF #3, our final try, on 12-2-11. ET on 12/18. Transferred 3 Grade A embryos-BFFN Planning DE IVF, late March/early April- Donors ER expected to be 4/2-4/4. PAIF/SAIF welcome
  • Hi there. I'm 43 and recently finished going through 3 unsuccessful iui's. The previous 2 iui's were successful but the 2nd ended in miscarriage. My RE has moved me to injectables with an iui but only because in Canada there is no insurance coverage for I
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic] Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Welcome!  I hope yout stay is a short one.  Just know there are many supportive ladies here to listen.  One day at a time!

************** Siggy Warning************

Married August 2012 -- Me (40 yrs old) My husband (45 yrs. old) 

RE referral from ObGYN in late Jan. 2013 -- Testing Confirms Unexplained IF 

IUI #"s1 - 3 (Femara + IUI) April - June 2013 - all BFN

Decided to do IVF... Began stimming on September 10th!  Egg Retrieval 9/20/13.  19 eggs: 6 to mature to freeze after 6 fertilized with ICSI

3 morula stage embryos transferred on 9/25/13.....Beta #1 on 10/4/13/ = 7.5  Beta #2 on 10/6/13 =  negative

IVF#2 - Lupron plan  (set to begin on 10/28/13)  (Planning on thawing and fertilizing our 6 eggs with ICSI as well as all of the mature eggs they retrieve with this fresh cycle.)

Late October 2013 - ectopic pregnancy - methotrexate injection....benched 3 months

CD1 - 12/5/13...Lupron set to start on 12/26/13; CD1 - 1/2/14....Baseline 1/3/14....begin follistim tonight and continue with lupron.  (Got my calendar today!  IVF#2 is a go!)

ER = 1/14/14  (11 eggs....9 were mature. 9 fertilized.  Of the 6 mature eggs we thawed, only 4 fertilized.  At this time, we have 13 eggs fertilized and growing.  Waiting for news about a 3-day or 5-day transfer.)

ET = 1/19/14  (5dt).....3 blastocysts transferred!   (All nine embryos didn't make it to freeze.  =(  )

Beta #1 = 1/28/14   (2 weeks after ER)  BFP! 209 (9dp5dt)   EDD 10/7/14

Beta #2 - 1/30/14  (11 dp5dt) 302

Beta #3 - 2/3/14  (15 dp5dt)  1222 

Ultrasound set for 2/17/14......TWINS!        Twin A - HR 124 bpm; Twin B - HR 126 bpm

Final Ultrasound with RE 3/10/14 - Twin A - HR 176 bpm; Twin B - HR 177 bpm.

PAIF/SAIF Welcome! 

imageimage 

imageimageimage

• Hi and welcome, i am surprised that you are being told IVF won't increase your chances, my RE would liek me to do that but I keep saying no (ins and $$ issues) but an IUI gets all the sperm (they wash them to try to get rid of the "bad" and the other h

My Ovulation Chart

Me: 41 DH: 46. We are TTC our 1st, started July '11,
    3 cycles clomid with Ob,
    1 cycle Tamoxifen with Ob,
    Diagnosed PCOS 11/5/12
    clomid, trigger & timed bd 12/12 BFN
    1st clomid IUI 1/4/13 BFN.
    2nd clomid IUI 2/13 cancelled didn't respond to clomid.
    3/15/13 scheduled laparoscopy & on bcp.

May 10 IUI from injectibles - BFN 

May 22 done with interventions it will either happen or it won't. 

February 2014 No longer actively trying, but not preventing. 

SURPISE BFP 4/2/2015!!!!!!!!!!

Miscarriage 4/23/15

• Thanks to all for the welcome and advice.  I put a call into my RE and he will contact me Fri. night.  I am going to ask him about supplements (although the nurse said he usually doesn't suggest any).  I am also going to ask about mini IVF
  • Hi bdmc,

I would google asking what are general questions to ask RE about IVF.  And, ask them what the time requirements will be, each patient's case is different, so appts. can be, too.  But, on average.....it is every other

• Welcome!  

I don't have any experience with IVF but the best piece of advice I can give you is to take a list of questions with you when you go to your appointments...that way you don't forget anything.  There is going to be so much inf

~Married 11/08~
    ~TTC since 01/09~
    ~SA & B/W - 06/09 - Normal~
    ~Encouraged by OB to "just keep trying" 06/09 - 06/10 (oh, the wasted time)~
    ~HSG - 08/10 - Clear/Normal~
    ~Lapo - 01/11 - Normal~
    ~Clomid 50mg, Trigger shot, Prometrium - 01/11, 02/11, 03/11~
    ~BFN - 02/11~
    ~IUI #1 03/15/11~
    BFP 3/28/2011
    Diagnosed with GD at 28 weeks. Controlled through diet and exercise. No insulin.
    Diagnosed with Cholestasis of pregnancy @ 36 weeks.
    Delivered via C-section @ 36 weeks on 11/9/11.

TTC#2 for a few months naturally (ha!)
    ~IUI#1, Clomid, Trigger,  10/13 - BFN
    ~IUI#2, Femera, Ovidrel, 11/13

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"