November 2012 Moms

when you start rice cereal?

the doc said to start my lo on rice cereal anytime between now and 6months. hes nursing and ive had people tell me to wait til 6 months since he nurses. any suggestions? and how much do i start with?

Re: when you start rice cereal?

• We're not doing rice cereal at all and are waiting to start solids until 6 months.

Breast milk is much more nutritional than rice cereal, so I see no reason for it.
  • I started giving it here and there at 4 months. She LOVES it. The kind I have says to start with one tablespoon and go from there. I mix it with warm formula.
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • image10Nessie:
    We're not doing rice cereal at all and are waiting to start solids until 6 months.

Breast milk is much more

• We are skipping rice cereal as well.  Pedi says since there was an arsenic outbreak in rice, they have been telling people to start with oatmeal.
  • thanks for all the suggestions:
  • We, too, are skipping rice cereal. To me it's just a filler and I don't just want to fill LO with something that is not going to help him nutrition wise.

I am FF my LO and twice a day he gets about an 1 or 1.5 oz of mashed banana. I will be makin

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• Also skipping rice cereal and not giving solids until 6 months. Saw new research showing increased risk of obesity by introducing solids before 6 months.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We haven't started yet but my pedi told us rice cereal isn't just filler. EBF babies start to lack iron as they get older and she said rice cereal is fortified with iron. That being said, she said its up to us wether we want to start with it. FWIW she did
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We started it about a week ago. I haven't been consisten with it b/c I get home from work late and sometimes he is too tired or too hungry to stop and do that. He seems to enjoy the experience of it. I only do maybe 1 tablespoon and make it with BM. I wil
  • We are also going to skip rice cereal and go straight to veggies. We are waiting until 6 months or until he can sit up and loses his tongue thrust reflex, if he has not done so by 6 months. We are planning on making our on food.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imagegnomemom:
    We are also going to skip rice cereal and go straight to veggies. We are waiting until 6 months or until he can sit
  • image10Nessie:
    We're not doing rice cereal at all and are waiting to start solids until 6 months. Breast milk is much more nutri
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"