Multiples

one year milk transition

I am hoping to start the transition to whole cows milk in the next couple weeks. I am planning on introducing it slowly by mixing with formula. they have had dairy (yogurt and cheese) and haven't had any issues) I have a few questions...

Do you warm up the whole milk so it's at least room temp? Their bottles now are formula and are room temp, but not cold.  

Did you drop the number of ounces in a day or the number of feedings at all? I am thinking they will still need their before bed bottle and at least some milk first thing when they wake up. 

They drink water out of sippy cups but are not great at it. I would like to get away from bottles, but aren't sure they are ready to hold them yet. Any tips?

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: one year milk transition

• we dropped from 4btl to 3 at 9mo when they dropped the 3rd nap. Other then that, you don't need to drop a btl or oz. We transitioned by doing 2oz less formula and 2oz milk. In the beginning I had the milk sit out for maybe 10mins to get the chill out a

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Switching to whole cow's milk from formula was so easy with my DS. I'm not counting on it being as easy with O and Z when the time comes, but I'll probably go about it in the same way and hope it works!

I started giving him milk in his stra

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • DS was BF, so the transition was a little different bc I never put milk in a bottle. We still BF morning and evening, but at all other times I offered a sippy of warm milk. He didnt drink much for the first couple of weeks, but then got the hang of it. W

• At 11 months we went to milk with DS.  Here are some rules my doctor gave me: never EVER give more than 20-24oz in a day(it can cause anemia and is an appetite suppressant), never give it out of the bottle and use whole milk if possible.  I am s

imageimage

• I think the biggest thing to keep in mind with this transition is that milk is a drink, formula is a food.  Number of ounces of milk they drink should not equal the number of ounces of formula.  Milk just doesn't contain the same nutrition. &

• imageOurfamilyof5:

Switching to whole cow's milk from formula was so easy with my DS. I'm not counting on it being as easy with O a

imageimage

Olivia and Matilda, 09/10/201 - Graham, 10/01/2013

• Thank you all! This is awesome advice. 

We have a few different sippy's we've tried and the ones they have at daycare are similar to the one you linked Karo112. I told t

my blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Boy/girl twins born at 37w1d and 37w2d

• We transitioned at 11 months doing exactly what you said - we mixed milk and formula and just played with the ratio until it went from being mostly formula to just milk.  It took us about 2 weeks, but that's just because I wanted to use every last

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"