2nd Trimester

Doctor Changed my Due Date...Again

Good Morning ladies! I have Googled this and it sounds like it's not uncommon, but just wondering what other women have experience as well...

When I first went to the doctor after finding out I was pregnant, they gave me a due date of July 22nd, based on my LMP.  Then, when I had my first U/S at what I thought was 12 weeks, they said based on the size of the baby, they were changing my due date to July 30th.  

Last week, I just went in for my A/S and the doctor called and said everything looks healthy and good, baby is just a little smaller than we would have expected, but not enough to be concerned about.  This morning, I got the written results of the A/S and it says my EDC has been changed to 8/8!  

All in all, it's only about 2 weeks different from my original due date, but I'm just wondering if this is normal and has anyone else experienced this? 

Re: Doctor Changed my Due Date...Again

• I think it's strange that they're changing it this late in the game. I really think the most accurate results come from an early ultrasound. Have you been seeing the same doctor each time?
  • I have been seeing the same OB doctor, but the insurance I have requires my ultrasounds to be done outside the office, so both of them have been done by 2 different doctors, at 2 different locations.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hmmm...that's probably the problem. How annoying for you:(  You'll be on pins and needles that last month just wondering when, when, when. 
  • This happened with my first. It was mainly because I was not sure on the date of my LMP. It was initially 12/1 and then got moved to 12/10. He was late anyway and I ended up being induced. It is very annoying though. So far with this pregnancy mine has be
  • Yea, it's a little weird to not know exactly what to expect.  But I'm definitely glad my normal doctor said everything looked good and healthy.  That's the important party - baby will come when he/she is ready!! 
  • My OB said that once they do the early dating ultrasound, he won't change my due date even if the baby is measuring ahead or behind in later ultrasounds.  He said that is the most accurate one. 

image image
    LO then (2 days) and now (1 year)
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I brought up the same thing to my Dr. My first due date was calculated by the midwife to be 8/5. After my first u/s it became 8/1 and after this last u/s it was 6/30. Not the same large variance as yours but when I brought it up the dr told me that they n
    BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageekoenig4:
    I brought up the same thing to my Dr. My first due date was calculated by the midwife to be 8/5. After my first u/s
    BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • imageekoenig4:

imageekoenig4:
  • imageekoenig4:

imageekoenig4:
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My intial due date based on LMP was 07/23. After my first ultrasound it was changed to 7/28. My doctor told me no matter what happens from then on, they wouldn't change it again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I think it's strange that they changed the date after the a/s. My dr said that later u/s do not accurately show the EDD as well as the early ones.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Me too - based on LMP I was 8/22.  First u/s put me at 8/15.  Then second u/s at 17 weeks babe was measuring back to the 8/22 due date.   I'd like it on their books as late as possible - so the OB won't start getting twitchy until later.

• imagesteph 13055:
    My OB said that once they do the early dating ultrasound, he won't change my due date even if the baby is measuri

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Married: October 23, 2010

DS: 8/7/2013

#2 EDD: 6/29/2016, C Section: 6/22/2016

• I WISH my doctor would change my due date!!  They don't do dating ultrasounds (or any ultrasounds for that matter), and the date they calculated in the beginning was almost 2 weeks different than what I calculate, based on when I ovulate.  (I

• My due date was changed once w DS, but I knew that going in. I O'd a week late, so my EDD based on my LMP was a week earlier than it should have been. I told my OB at my first appt and she said they'd change it once I had an u/s to confirm, which was my N

• My first u/s I was 8w4d. I had only found out I was pregnant a few days prior bc of bloodwork I had to have done. My next apt baby was measuring a little over 9w when I was 10w and a few days according to the first measurement. The doctor didn't change

BFP #1 11/07/2012 EDD 07/09/2013 M/C 11/22/2012

BFP #2 02/05/2013 EDD 09/19/2013 Arrived via c-section 09/27/2013

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• This is normal. I have had my due date changed twice already (I had two u/s due to bleeding in the first tri). I have heard it is very common for your due date to change because of your baby being larger or smaller than expected at the 20 week a/s.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • I would think that's just what's on the doctor's report as what the baby measured and based on measurements, it gives an estimated due date. Your due date should stay the same as what they got on your first ultrasound. 

<span style="fo

photo IMAG0561-002-Copy2-Copy_zps16abfae1.jpg
  • I just posted about this before scrolling down other posts..I found out today I am measuring 4 weeks ahead. She just said that if I am still measuring that far ahead at my next appt in a month, then they would do an ultrasound. Its just going to b

Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yup. Kept telling me i was bigger and further along. They eventually put my dd at Nov 23 2011. He came when he wanted, and when I expected Dec. 3 at 9lbs
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • TNB82TNB82 member

This happened to me as well.  Had a dating ultrasound at 6 weeks.  When I went for my nuchal translucency scan (within the correct time period) they wouldn't even complete it for me b/c the baby was measuring over 2 weeks too big for the test

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • At my first US baby measured ahead a few days, and at the A/S he measured HUGE!! (Like double what is expected and off the charts). They said he was 8 days ahead (but even large for that), but only change the due date if its more than 10 days difference.
    image   image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"