Pregnant after 35

Very unexpected 4th pregnancy...

My sweet baby girl just turned 1 a week ago. My husband got a vasectomy 6 weeks after she was born. We were very sure we were done having more kids. We are in the .6% who get pregnant even though he had a clear sperm sample at 3 months. I am so upset right now! I had moved on with my life and made plans for the future. I feel like I am so done with the little kids stage and being needed NON Stop. I love my children more than anything in the world, but I am not sure I can do it again. My fear is that I will resent this child and worry about being depressed. It isn't just the selfish personal reasons, but even the cost of having another in daycare for 5 more years. Anyone gone through this? I feel horrible for hoping for a miscarriage. I am 6 weeks. 

Re: Very unexpected 4th pregnancy...

• Wow that must be quite a shock and I understand how this is definitely not in the plans for you.  Maybe you need some time to get used to the idea but I think its unlikely that you will actually resent your child once they get here.  I know t

TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • I totally understand how you feel. I had similar feelings when I found out I was pregnant with #3 unexpectedly. It really could not have happened at a worse time. My youngest was only 10 months when I found out I was pregnant. We had just bought a new hou
  • Loading the player...
  • I can understand the shock.  This is a surprise for us as well, although I don't think as much as it is for you.  I have some issues and I didn't think I could get pregnant again, let alone on a whim like we did.  Once I got over the shock,
  • I met with a counselor today and realize many of my fears I have had with all three of my previous pregnancies, but this time it was just unplanned. We are going to continue the pregnancy and everything will work out!
  • imagejenwiben:
    I met with a counselor today and realize many of my fears I have had with all three of my previous pregnancies, but
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So glad to hear you are feeling more at ease! Big Smile
  • I can't say I can completely relate to your feelings as my babies were all "planned" but I have 3 older children from my first marriage aged 15,13,and 11. I was enjoying my little bit of freedom as they grew older. I am remarried and we decided we did wan
  • My little brother was an unexpected pregnancy, and my mom was upset about it, but after she got used to the idea, it was okay,though she put him in school when he was still 4 and went back to teaching.  I'm so glad she didn't miscarry or have an abor
  • I understand your feelings also with an unplanned 3rd. My second is 8 and I was well and truly done! You can't help the way you feel I was devastated and cried a lot, hoped for a miscarriage and thought about termination. However as the weeks went by a
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"