Single Parents
Options

Pregnant and single!

Hello, I am new here and I am grateful to have this as a source of support. I am 31 single and pregnant. I had originally moved in with a man who I was going to be renting a room from and started a relationship with him immediately. Nine months into the relationship I got unexpectedly pregnant. We were happy about it but then I miscarried. We decided to try again and about two months later I got pregnant. A few days before I found out he decided he did not want to be with me because he did not feel we were a good match. He had broken up with me numerous times over our relationship and looking back, was just never that into me I don't think. At any rate, although I have a masters degree and a license, I am in social work so I don't make a lot though I love my job. I have a dog. I've been staying with my mother in her one bedroom apartment since we broke up. I am so angry and alternate between wanting to get back together with him and feeling bitter he just isn't that into me, and just hating him. I am excited about my daughter but concerned about doing this myself. Also the thought of him moving on with someone else is gut wrenching to me at this point. I just want to stop thinking and caring about him before that happens. i also want to focus on being happy about the baby but it's stressful. Anyhow, I am so happy to find this place and look forward to learning from everyone here!

Re: Pregnant and single!

• Options
    How far along are you?  My ex left when I was about 3 months into the pregnancy. I'm now 26 wks along and am not missing him at all!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hello! I am 17 weeks. That makes me feel better that you don't miss him. I need to take a page out of your book. I keep hoping that I stop thinking about him and being mad about this. But it is going on 3 months since he broke up with me and I beginning t
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My boyfriend and I broke up when I was 8 weeks pregnant. I had a hard time with it at first but after a month I got over it and enjoyed my pregnancy now my little boy is here and almost three months old and I'm dating again. Trust me when I say things get

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh thanks that is so encouraging! Just hearing other people got through it and are doing well is so helpful! It is also helpful to hear about people whose significant other left them and are doing well because I feel like if I had been the one to leave it
  • Options

Hey lady! I'm 16 weeks saturday and haven't been with the babies father since about 10 weeks. He was an abusive tool and I'm so glad I'm gone. I could not be happier to just be able to focus on myself and my baby. It gets easier for me the longer I am

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It took me until the new girlfriend (that he started seeing BEFORE we broke-up) began texting me that he was missing and was wondering if he was with me because she knows he's a liar and blah blah blah (I was roughly 15 or 16 weeks along when that happene
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I don't miss my baby's father at all but we were just "casually" dating anyway. but i think when he told me "never *** talk to me ever again" i got over it VERY quickly! I only regret that he wants nothing to do with our precious, innocent child. I'm just
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• Options
    My husband moved out when I was 8 weeks, and served me with divorce papers at 10 weeks. I'm now 15 weeks, and getting along fine without him :)
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! Your stories are making me feel a LOT better. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"