Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How long is your feeding routine?

DD is 5 days old today.  Things are going decently well.  I only wake up twice at night with her, but each time I'm up for 1- 1 1/2 hours.  That includes waking her up, since she doesn't wake herself up, trying to get her to latch, feeding, burping, diaper, getting her dressed again (I take off her clothes to wake her up) and then sometimes then feeding again because she's rooting again.  Then putting lanolin on my nipples.  She's a very slow feeder-- suck, suck, 30 second pause....  

Is this normal? Does it get faster, or is this just par for the course?  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

photo bible.gif

Re: How long is your feeding routine?

• Options
    Our daughter is 6 days old and we go through a very similar routine.  I'm usually feeding her a good 45-60 mins and then have to go through the burping, changing, and possibly feeding again routine.  I feel like she has an insane appetite for su
  • Options

my baby is 10 weeks she starting sleep more through the night there days she does and there days only wake up once at night during the day she eats every 2 to 4 hours

<a href="https://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My liTtle one is 10 days old and it takes about an hour to bottle feed her to ounces.  
  • Options

It gets better!  At 7 weeks, I can be back in bed after feeding #1 in about 35 min. Feeding #2, he wakes up and doesn't go back down and it's a nightmare unrelated to food.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

My son is 3 months old now, and for the first few weeks I would get so bored with feedings. He was slow, and could take an hour like your little one. I fed him every 2 hours, like clock work, even though he wouldn't necessarily even be hungry.<b

• Options
    At 7 weeks my DD started sleeping through the night. She is almost 12 weeks now and still does so no nighttime feedings at all.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I think it's normal...DS is a quick nurser - he drinks fast it seems...20 minutes to nurse maybe? With an occasional diaper change and some soothing though, sometimes the whole routine takes 45 min or more. Last night he was up from 12 - 145. Ugh.

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Options
    It will get better.  My DS was like that too at that age- we would usually be up for about 2 hours a feeding.  Now we are usually back down in about 30 minutes.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    Sometimes an hour by the time all is said and done, but DS nurses much, much faster now.  Before, he would spend up to 30 minutes on one side, but now he does 10 minutes on each usually.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"