April 2013 Moms

Maternity leave

When did you/are you planning on taking maternity leave?

I am so tired and just want to lay around all day. Starting to think I'm crazy to be working up until 39w2d. I still have a lot to do before I go but these next 12 work days are going to go so slowly.

Re: Maternity leave

• I am taking maternity leave, hopefully 7 weeks... I am trying to work until birth...I understand how slow work can be when you're waiting for something like this!

All I can think about at work is being home with baby.

• I'm done this Friday at 39w5d. It has definitely become difficult! Hang in there as best you can. If you are able to take the time, go for it. I only get so much paid time off or else I would have stopped last week at 38w when the pelvic pressure started
  • Loading the player...
  • As much as I'd like to take time off early, I'd prefer to take all the time I can with the baby.  And I can only afford so much time.  So I will start my maternity leave when I go into labor or if the doctor determines that there is a medical ne
    Sara B BabyFruit Ticker VOTE on my Name List
  • My last day is my due date.  Ugh.  Hahaha.  What was I thinking?!?  And of course work is more challenging than ever b/c I've started to mentally check out.  Last pregnancy I worked until 38.5 weeks... Friday was my last day, went
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagebrunstar:
    As much as I'd like to take time off early, I'd prefer to take all the time I can with the baby.  And I can only a
    BabyName Ticker
  • When baby arrives. I don't want to waste any of my leave sitting around my house without her.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I thought last Friday was going to be my last day... but I've decided to just work right up until I'm in labor. Im 39 weeks and have an office job.. so I'm sitting anyways for most of the day. As uncomfortable as I am... I would just rather save my time o
  • I am PRN at two hospitals but basically work full time between the two. Bc im not full time I am not regulated by medical leave laws. One hospital requires a release from my MD to go back so 6 weeks off there. The other doesnt care so im going to stay
    2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm a teacher too. I have to use my leave up first I have 2 weeks left and then the rest is unpaid. So obviously I don't work in the summer so I'm lucky to not have to sacrifice any time with LO before. I was going to work til my due date 4/24 but I figur
  • I will be working until I go into labor.  I get 12 weeks paid and I would rather have the time off after lo is here.  I work in a bank so my job is not very stressful, I have taken myself off of working Saturdays and opening the bank in the morn
  • I'm honestly hoping that this girl comes before my EDD just so that I won't have to work anymore.  My job is physically and emotionally draining and I need a break.  Hopefully this week vacation will help put me in a better head space.  I d
  • I kind of lucked out with planning my leave....Yesterday was my last day and I was 39wks 2days. My work schedule is 5 days on, 9 days off (I work 12 hours shifts). My due date is this saturday the 6th, I am officially on leave today, but my first official
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was able to take sick leave before my mat leave so today was my first day of sick leave and I'm glad I'm not working. With my son I worked until the day before my due date and was miserable. This time I made it to 38 weeks 5 days. LOL.
  • My last day was Friday and I'm due this Thursday.  So basically one week before. 

New Mommy since 4/3/13

• I am guessing most of the posters live in the US...here in Canada we get a year off for mat leave paid by government employment insurance. The pay isn't as good as at regular job but it works out to be 65 of your regular pay, up to a maximum of 489 / week
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Friday will be my last day. I will be somewhere between 36w6d and 37w3d.

With DD1, I worked up until 39 weeks and had her at 39w4d. With DD1, I had planned on going on leave at 38 weeks, but she came at 37w0d 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I had planned on starting maternity leave on my due date but my little girl had other plans. There are definitely post it notes and to do lists on my desk from the day before she was born.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageSlopesShredder:
    I thought last Friday was going to be my last day... but I've decided to just work right up until I'm in labor
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"