Adoption

Orphan care NOT through adopting

Hi ladies!

I'm working on a post for my blog about how to get involved in orphan care without adopting. I have a great list going but before I publish I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has an organization or idea they think is worth mentioning! These are the options I have so far:

- orphan hosting

- supporting orphan graduate programs

- child sponsorship, orphan specific

- adoption funding support via Reece's rainbow, show hope etc

- prayer and advocacy partnerships

Would love to hear your ideas! Thanks. 

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
SA February 2011: Normal
RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
Court trip October 2012
Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden

Re: Orphan care NOT through adopting

• I would add to that supporting adoptive families -- not only help with the financial costs of the adoption process, but also help once they get home.  E.g. meals for families who've just adopted, babysitting or temporary respite care, giving them

• Yes, I agree on all of the above!  Some of our friends are involved as a Safe Family, and it seems like a terrific program.  My husband and I are also involved in our local Pregnancy Center doing volunteer work to support women who don't want

I'm a dance studio owner, writer, cat mommy, and adventuress who is married to the man of her dreams. My husband and I have had a long-time dream to adopt and it's happening in a way that we didn't quite anticipate. But, like any move of God, it's turning out way better than we expected. We'd love for you to follow our story at www.kirstenkline.com!
  • Loading the player...
  • Also thought of one more, along the lines of preventing children from becoming orphans:  Supporting HIV treatment programs in developing countries, since AIDS is a frequent cause for children becoming orphaned.

• Care packages to the orphanages.

Support reputable charities that help issues such as poverty, violence in that country.

Donate to a family fundraising to support their adoption.Or support the family post-adoption.

Use social netw

Adoption Blog Updated 2/15
  • Thank you all!

TTC September 2010 thru October 2011
    SA February 2011: Normal
    RE App. October 2011 - Recc. Clomid and IUI

Taking a break from TTC to pursue adoption

Met our 2 year old son in Russia July 2012!
    Court trip October 2012
    Home November 24 2012!

Back to RE Summer 2013. TTC journey continues: 

Dx DOR, endometriosis, low sperm count 
    Clomid + IUI#1, #2 = BFN / IUI #3 = ???

Laparoscopy scheduled December 2013

Adding a Burden
  • Loved your post, Jillian! I'll be sending people your way when they ask me about orphan care :)

Our Adoption Blog & Fundraising Efforts

Heading to China in November 2014 to bring our son home!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"