April 2013 Moms

Transverse baby at 36 weeks/ECV scheduled

Anyone else in this same boat? Or have an ECV (external cephalic version) that was successful? How was it?

Dr. is going to attempt it next week when I'm 37 weeks if baby hasn't flipped by then. For now, I'm going to try Spinning Babies stuff and continue going to my Webster chiro.If baby doesn't flip, it's c-section at 39 weeks for me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Transverse baby at 36 weeks/ECV scheduled

• my baby is complete breech.. we didn't do the ecv.. I think it is to risky for me.. I have done everything to try to turn her otherwise and she just doesn't want to.. c section for me april 12th

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepmiller149:
    my baby is complete breech.. we didn't do the ecv.. I think it is to risky for me.. I have done everything to try
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi there!

I just posted my ECV experience on here yesterday!! I say do it!! It was uncomfortable, yes, but so worth it.
    The Dr. only gave me a less than 50% chance of it working because my fluid levels were so low (so drink plenty of water-

20121128_085400(1) - Copy pic2 pic3 Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image
  • Just lurking... But I have a positive story with a version so I thought I'd share. I found out that DS had flipped to breech at 37weeks. My OB said I could have a csxn or I could try a version and then subsequent induction if it was successful. I opted to
    image DS 7.6.2011 TTC#2
  • Awesome! 2 successful stories in a row...I like itBig Smile 

My dr. seems to think it will be successful, and I'm glad he is not pushing the c-section right away.

• Just wanted to send my best wishes. This LO was transverse until last week and somehow managed to turn on her own and DD was breech until 36 weeks and also turned on her own.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My baby is breech, and my OB doesn't do ECV bc of the risks. I've been trying pelvic inversions, but baby has been in the same position for weeks. I'm still trying to get this kid turned around, as my original birth plan was all natural, but I also have a
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedemmie326:
    Just wanted to send my best wishes. This LO was transverse until last week and somehow managed to turn on her own a
  • imageFutureMrsCAF:
    My baby is breech, and my OB doesn't do ECV bc of the risks. I've been trying pelvic inversions, but baby has be
  • Good luck! I don't know for sure my baby's position... he was breech at around 30 weeks, and I haven't heard anything definitive since then. Doctors have said that he "feels" like he's head-down, but nothing for sure. I'm kind of ticked off about it ho

Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • imagepinottoparenthood:

Good luck! I don't know for sure my baby's position... he was breech at around 30 weeks, and I haven't h

• I had an internal at 36ish weeks, and the doctor said "It FEELS like his head.... he's really high up." So I'm hopeful that he's head-down and I'm overreacting, but we shall see.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • My baby is breech. We'll confirm it by ultrasound at my next appt on Monday and talk about possibly scheduling an ECV at that point. I don't know if we will though due to borderline-low amniotic fluid and an anterior placenta.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I did an ECV at 36 weeks and would do it again in a heartbeat. We did it right in the office with no relaxers or anything. Definitely uncomfortable but not painful. We checked today and baby is still head down.

Good luck!

BabyFetus Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"