3rd Trimester

hit 200lbs...ugh.

Well, I'm officially depressed. This morning, the scale said 200. I started out at 167 so at almost 31 weeks I'm up 33lbs. I'm depressed. And tomorrow I have to see my OB - and he is SUPER strict about how much you gain. My midwife last appt wasn't concerned at all. Now I'm going to stress all day until my appt tomorrow. Ugh.
Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: hit 200lbs...ugh.

• jlpevjlpev member
    25 to 35 lbs is what they want you to gain. I wouldn't stress. I gained 33 lbs with DS and nothing was ever said. I've gained 25 lbs so far and I'm 32 weeks tomorrow. I'm not stressing!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • 33 lbs sound totally normal.  Don't let the numbers depress you - it's not like you're obese and unhealthy - you're growing a person.
  • Loading the player...
  • same here i weighed the same when i started and now im 201. ive never seen 200 on the scale in my life it is depressing, but just keep concentrating on a healthy baby and worry about your weight later. thats what i keep telling myself.
    Baby girl #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks girls. It's so hard! I used to have an eating disorder in college, so weight has always been a struggle. I eat healthy, and chase our 3 year old DD all day (plus work) so I'm not just laying around...ugh. Glad I'm not alone!!
    Married my BEST FRIEND on December 1, 2007. Started TTC in March 2008. Found out we were expecting our first child in October 2008 - but had a m/c in December 2008 - resulting in a d&e. Met with a RE in May 2009 and set a plan - but conceived unexpectedly on our own! Our precious little Sophia was born on February 9, 2010! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • jlpevjlpev member
    imagejillianjigs7:
    Thanks girls. It's so hard! I used to have an eating disorder in college, so weight has always been a struggle. I eat
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • before pregnant I was 155 and I am sure I will hit the 200 mark, and I am sure I will cry
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm with you sister! I started at 160ish and am up to over 200 lbs (I refuse to get on the scale at home, and refuse to look at the scale at the OB).

Fortunately for me, my OB isn't strict unless it's somethign obscene.  They don't want to

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• Oh, I am sooo nervous for my appt this week. At my last appt I was 198, so I KNOW I'll be over 200 now. Ugh, it's very frustrating. With DS I started out 2 lbs heavier and was 198 when I delivered. Now I'm over 200 and still have 4 more weeks to go O_O

BabyFruit TickerLilypie Third Birthday tickers "You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the one person you can't live without."
  • Your weight gain seems in the normal range to me.  I gained 52lbs with my DD, this go around, I'm up 21lbs so far.  Don't stress, I know easier said than done, but YOU ARE GROWING A HUMAN!  Relax.  If your OB yells at you, just smile a
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have an OB who is strict on weight, also. It almost makes me dread appointments. I am up around 30 pounds already (started at 145 and now am probably 170/175ish - 30 weeks along). Last appointment my OB gave me nutritional lectures and handouts on pr

N

Mr. Baby's ticker

• I know how you feel. I have always been somewhat overweight but NEVER 200 pounds. I am now like 206 and I remember being so depressed when I saw 200 on the scale. And when I went to my wic appointment she showed me on a chart how high I was above the weig
    image BabyName Ticker
  • Ugh I feel you. I hit 200 a few weeks ago but haven't gone over yet. So on the scale they have the one weight thing on 150 and the small one alllll the way over to the edge. What I'm dreading is when they move the big weight thing to the 200 notch... Hopi
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read-in-2012 shelf)
  • I am with you on this. I was 167 when I got pregnant and am now about 200lbs. Not looking forward to my appt. tomorrow either. Gona eat a bunch of prunes later to get rid of any waste pounds. I have been lectured and left the doctors so upset only to find
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I am right with you girlfriend!!!  I was about the same starting weight as you (a little heavier).  I was over 200 lbs at my 30 week appt and then at my 32 week appt I had gained 4 lbs in 2 weeks!  Dr said she wasn't concerned at all. 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary image image image image
  • I'm glad we can stick together!!! I was almost at the point where I wasn't going to eat at all today but after reading everyone's replies - I ate! 
  • imagejillianjigs7:
    Thanks girls. It's so hard! I used to have an eating disorder in college, so weight has always been a struggle.
    Baby girl #2 on the way! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Don't stress it ladies, we will lose it eventually :)

P.S. Throw out your scale, I never owned one. Never will.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagessemovsk:

Don't stress it ladies, we will lose it eventually :)

P.S. Throw out your scale, I never owned one. Never w

• I am too! I have gained 30 pounds now and it is driving me nuts. My OB/GYN hasn't said anything though. Still, I feel huge!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I have not made it to 200 yet but I hit 180 this week and cried. My bra sized increased..from a 34C to a 38D and I cried like my dog died..I am very depressed as well. I started at 153lbs so I am up 30lbs. My dr was not concerned yesterday. He told me to
  • I hit 210 with my last pregnancy and I had started out at 158. I was really depressed. After I had him, before leaving the hospital I had lost 30 lbs right off. It's surprising how much is water weight. 
  • imagetricia560:

I know it probably shouldn't, but the subject line really bothers me; I started at 206lb and I didn't think I was "

• I started at over 200. How's that for depressing? ;)
  • I gained 60 pounds and near the end I stopped caring. One week after my son was born I was down 40 pounds. My highest weight was 238 and now I am below 200. It will come off again.
  • I feel ya, I started at 170 and am at 205!!! Yikes! But honestly don't stress, you body will gain what it needs... There is no "correct" number.

• I know how depressing seeing that scale go up every week can be!! But don't let it get you down...just know that you are healthy and your baby is too. Try to focus on the fact that it won't be long till you will be holding that precious little one and you
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • I hit 200 a few weeks ago. Woohoo LOL. I got above 200 with DD1 as well but was back in the 160s within 6 weeks. Fingers crossed for a repeat.

image Lucy, 12/27/2009
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm over 200 lbs, too. It doesn't really bother me but it's nice to know we have a growing 200 pounders club. 
    MMC 02/16/12
    DS1 05/03/13
    Natural MC 10/01/14
    DD1 01/08/16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"