3rd Trimester

No dilation, "very" soft, but just lost mucus plug??

Doctor's yesterday at 2 p.m. --> not dilated, but "very soft/ready" cervix and she noted that my pelvis has certainly "shifted open."

But then this morning, I lost my mucus plug. Aren't you usually dilated before this happens? I know a mucus plug is a very loose indicator of labor to come soon and could mean another 2-3 weeks before anything really starts. But, thoughts and stories?? Please share! I'd really like to hold out at least until Monday!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: No dilation, "very" soft, but just lost mucus plug??

• I lost my mucus plug 6 to 7 weeks before labor started with DS.
  • imageLaineyPaney:
    I lost my mucus plug 6 to 7 weeks before labor started with DS.
    I'm in about the same boat. I los
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Your mucus plug can regenerate, so it's not really a good indicator of labor.  I don't think you have to be dilated to lose it.
  • I lost mine, wasn't dilated at all, and had to be induced. MPs aren't an indicator, sorry.
  • I lost my plug at the doctors office when I had to pee in the cup. I got checked, I wasn't dilated, I wasn't effaced, and baby didn't drop. I went home, and had light contractions all night (was still able to sleep) woke up at 8 am with more

• skioskio member
    At my 39w1d appt, I was dilated a fingertip and 50 perfect effaced, DD was high. Which is nothing, basically. This was a Saturday.

I lost my mucus plug Sunday into Monday and went into labor late Tuesday night. Had my daughter at 39w5d. <br
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Never lost my mucus plug with either of my girls, and they are 2 and 3 yrs old now. :) Its not really an indication of anything
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a very soft cervix, 1cm dialated for DD when I lost my mp. I went into labor 5 days later.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I lost my mucus plug with DS the day I went into labor and was not dilated oe effaced at all. There are not set rules for timing...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister lost her mucous plug a few weeks before she went into labour, and was walking around dilated to 2cm for weeks before she had to be induced.

I didn't lose my mucous plug at all that I can tell, was "closed and firm" 12 hours before

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Ugh, the mobile device removes some characters. I meant to say I delivered within 3 to 4 hours of going into labour despite showing absolutely no signs of even starting anything. And really, I had NO signs that labour would be starting any time soon.

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• my cervix was long and tight, no dialation or anything and I lost my mucus plug with my girls about a week before I delivered.
    My Blog: Say Lucky Pregnancy Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"