April 2013 Moms

I think I'm going to write a book...

Mobile Users: I think I'm going to write a book...

It's going to be called "Crap You Shouldn't Say To A Pregnant Woman"

The first chapter is going to be called " 'Oh, honey. You're ready' - Said With A Sympathetic Grimace."

For reals... and it came from a mom of THREE.

I am so ready for these comments to stop. I am to the point now that if I see certain people in the halls at work, I duck out.

Super Angry

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: I think I'm going to write a book...

• Worse:

Oh that baby isn't ready to come out yet.  You're not:

low enough

swollen enough

waddling enough

miserable enough

ready

Any variety of that.  I'd prefer someone to say I DO look r

Met: 1/21/2005
    Married: 6/27/2008
    DS: 3/14/2010 Planned, PG first try
    M/C 6/2012
    DD: 4/22/2013 Planned, UnDx Infertility, PG on our own
    BFP: 10/28/2016 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE! 
    M/C 12/12/2016
    BFP: 10/27/2017 Unplanned, HUGE SURPRISE
    EDD: 7/2/2018

Babysizer Manly Pregnancy Tracker
  • Please add a chapter for me that I got on Easter about how my swollen feet/legs will keep me from falling over....kind of like a linebacker!! Seriously, did you just call me a linebacker??
    BabyName Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageWorkinWeezel:

Worse:

low enough

swollen en

• imageK&JPgh2011:

You should have a chapter "medical advice from people with high school diplomas"

</p

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • imagewhitneylauren:
    Please add a chapter for me that I got on Easter about how my swollen feet/legs will keep me from falling over.
    20121128_085400(1) - Copy pic2 pic3 Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image
  • Add to the list my coworker who keeps telling me how big I am- this didn't just start, she has been saying this to me since 30 weeks. I am readyto remind her that at 9 months pregnant I am still lighter than she is. I keep reminding myself that although s
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagewhitneylauren:
    Please add a chapter for me that I got on Easter about how my swollen feet/legs will keep me from falling over.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It seriously boggles my mind on how some of these people don't have filters. My goodness! Yes, the judgy advice needs its own book entirely.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageteddidan:
    It seriously boggles my mind on how some of these people don't have filters. My goodness! Yes, the judgy advice n
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • glad to know its not just me. i hit my wits end today with the stupid questions and all knowing people who can predict the damn future. today i start punching people in the throats!!! hehe
  • In three months you could write a sequel called, "Shiz A New Mother Doesn't Need You To Say". I totally think it gets worse.

• imageWorkinWeezel:

Worse:

low enough

swollen en

• I like the comments better than the constant caressing I got on Easter. It was really disturbing to have so many in-laws randomly coming up and rubbing my belly the whole time we chatted. I kept trying tho back away and they just followed. Ugh. It was rea
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I totally get the "Oh honey...you're ready" with the sympathetic face ALL THE TIME at work.  I hate it. I hate it so much. I'm NOT ready, and I'm not giant....I'm 36 weeks pregnant, for flucks sake...mind your own business, and leave me alone. I
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Do it! I'm so tired of comments especially from women that have children or young girls that have no clue lol
  • I get the 'your so tiny or small' meaning my bump, but at first I got 'are you sure it's not twins?' they thought I was too big at first, mostly I had really bad bloat then! And I have a SN child and the comments and remarks I get on that comparing this b
  • So frustrating!

DH's aunt on Easter just would not stop. If it would be been ok to karate chop her throat to shut her up I would have.

"You're so nervous"

"You're not ready"

"its not a vacation, you're going t

BabyFruit Ticker
  • On Easter from my great aunt I got- "Oh you don't even look that big, your stomach looks smaller than when we last saw you!" ...yeah, how about because she's moved down so low that she's sitting on my pubic bone and the floor of my vagina! Don't you da

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
    We can't wait to meet our Blake Katherine!!
  • I had a lady at work ask me if I have stretch marks.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • my co workers act surprised to see me show up each morning - like omg, you're here today?! i didn't think you would come to work today. seriously - i am not due for 3.5 weeks, of course i am at work today.

not to mention my SO told me th

• imageteddidan:

I am so ready for these comments to stop. I am to the point now that if I see certain people in the halls at work

Mommy to
    Tyler (10/29/08)
    and Lily (4/21/13)

• While it sucks you're all enduring the same comments and looks it seems like that I am, I am glad I'm not the only one....

I got the "Oh look how swollen your feet are!" Just today... nice.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageErin10408:
    I totally get the "Oh honey...you're ready" with the sympathetic face ALL THE TIME at work.  I hate it. I hate
  • I'd love to see a chapter on nonpregnant people trying to compete with symptoms. Coworkers are constantly complaining to me about having heart burn/ back pain/ having to pee all the time/ or being tired because they just "couldn't get comfortable last nig
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageFremdschamen:
    imageK&JP
  • I had a customer ask me today when I am due.  I replied "April 20th." In all seriousness SHE then asks...."this April or next April?" What.. Do I have the gestation period of a freakin elephant?!?!  How stupid
  • Not 10 minutes ago I got "look at her (from one co-worker to another) there is NO WAY her stomach can possibly stretch any further!!" Um, I have almost 4 weeks still until my due date. I'm quite sure it can, and will stretch further.

I've

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMklems29:
    I'd love to see a chapter on nonpregnant people trying to compete with symptoms. Coworkers are constantly complainin
    20121128_085400(1) - Copy pic2 pic3 Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! image
  • I have to say, I won't miss those comments! Btw, I love your pip! You look gorgeous!
  • Im so exhausted with comments and advice. The advice is the worst but what I really cant stand is "dont worry it will all be worth it". Ummm yes I know it will be worth it but cant I just *** about my back,vagina,heartburn,feet,lack of sleep, ect. Just on
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • The other day at Easter brunch this lady that I don't know comes up to me and says "You really breed like an Easter bunny!". I was floored. I do have a toddler already, but having a second hardly qualifies me for such a comment, don't you think?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imageKate_C:
    imageFremdschamen:<

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"