Multiples

Last feeding of the day

I was wondering how you all went about dropping the last feeding (or MOTN feeding) of the day. Right now, my twins are eating six times a day (one gets breast, other gets bottle at each feeding, and then we switch them on the next feeding). I generally feed them at 6:30, 10, 1, 4, 7, 10:30/11, but I'd like to drop the last feeding soon because we usually have to wake the babies up for it AND it keeps DH and I from getting to bed at a reasonable time.

DS drinks 6 oz bottles, DD drinks 5 oz bottles. As I mentioned, we usually have to wake the babies up for the last feeding, however, they do eat once we wake them up. Our pediatrician said we can start experimenting with it. We tried dropping the last feeding over the weekend, and DD woke us up at 4 am to eat. Is this considered a success, or does it mean she's not ready to skip that last feeding?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Twins November 2012!

Re: Last feeding of the day

• I would interpret that to mean they can go a longer stretch at that time of day/night, but they still need the nutrition and you can't completely eliminate a sixth feeding at this time. It means you'll have a middle of the night feed instead of a late eve
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you feed them at 10:30 do they sleep through the night after that?

View Raw Image'>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Yes, if fed at 10:30 pm, they sleep until 5:30 or 6 am.
    Twins November 2012!

• They need a certain number of ounces in a 24 hour period.  If you drop the later feeding, you'll need to add those ounces to the other feedings so that they're still getting their 30 or 36 ounces per day.  Otherwise, they'll wake you up in the m
  • We did almost exactly what you did. Early on (I want to say 2 or 3 months), I was waking them up for that 11:00 feeding and they would barely eat. With our pedi approval, I started skipping it but they would wake up at 2 or 3 as well. I consider it a succ
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks, guys! This has been helpful :-).
    Twins November 2012!

• imageelizabeth0705:
    Yes, if fed at 10:30 pm, they sleep until 5:30 or 6 am.

I think you could go two way

View Raw Image'>

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"