Pregnant after 35
Options

Is it too late to back out?

I'm kidding...sort of.  It's just that I am starting to wonder why on earth I thought I wanted 2 kids.  I have such a nice life with my daughter and DH, we have a good routine, we all get our sleep & we have a lot of fun together.  Now I am about to upend everything with a newborn.  I'm going to upset my daughter's life and I'm worried about how she'll take it.  She has a lot going on right now too - potty training, for one.  How do I make sure she gets the attention she needs?  On the flip side, what if I end up ignoring the new baby in favor of her? Not to mention that for at least 2-3 months, DH and I will not be getting good sleep.  I have a history of PPD and not sleeping is definitely a big contributing factor to that.  Just being pregnant, I feel like I'm barely hanging on.  How will I manage with a new baby?  I'm also worried about how I'll feel about the new baby.  Do I have room in my heart for 2 kids?  I sure hope so, but I just don't know.

Why did I think this was a good idea?  Because I sure thought so last summer when I got knocked up.  Well, thanks for listening to my rant! 

Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy

Re: Is it too late to back out?

• Options
    You will love it...room in your heart? You never know how much room you have til you see this baby..1,2,3,4 you love them all the same..this is my 5th and I love it so much already...good luck, your almost there! Hugs!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I have thought that my second child is a huge gift to my oldest. They will have each other longer than they even have us. You will see their relationship blossom and they'll make each other laugh. Those are my fondest parts of parenting seeing them togeth
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It will come naturally, even if you think it won't.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thanks ladies.  It's good to know that these feelings are common.  And it's also good to hear that there will be room in my heart for both. :)  Those are very encouraging words to me.

I do have a history of PPD and this pregnancy h

• Options

I felt this way when I found out I was pregnant.  This pregnancy was not planned and honestly we thought we were done with just the one.  My son is 6, will be 7 when our baby arrives and I was freaking out.  My best friend sent me this l

• Options
    I've had these sames feelings and fears. We have a great routine now and I know it's going to be blown apart once the baby is here.  I know it's very natural to worry about the ability to love another child as much as you love the first and I'm tryin
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so glad I'm not alone!  I have been feeling the exact same way.  Everyone around me is so excited but me.  My daughter is 13 and it is the same situation.  I will have one going into college while the other is going into kindergart
  • Options

imagekestock120:
    I've had these sames feelings and fears. We have a great routine now and I know it's going to be blown apart once
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options

"WTH were we thinking?" = TRUTH!  LOL  I'm not a "sugar-coater", in case you hadn't noticed!  I'll say it is HARD, and I know you expect it to be, but you may be surprised how much harder it is than you expected.  For me, it la

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagetechnigirl:

I'm kidding...sort of.  It's just that I am starting to wonder why on earth I thought I wanted 2 kids. &nb

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"