Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Not walking at 1 year

My DD is almost one and is showing no signs of getting ready to walk.... She is cruising around on furniture but won't even walk if I'm holding her hands or if she's got a pusher/walker to hold on to. She just fusses and then collapses down and crawls away.

I know there's a range of what's considered "normal," but my older DD took her first steps around 10 months and was fully walking by 11 months. They've reached all their milestones at nearly identical times except for this one (i.e. they both started sitting independent right at 5 months, crawling at exactly 8 months, etc). So I can't help it - I feel like my DD is "behind."

Anyone else in this boat? Anything I can do to help her along?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Not walking at 1 year

• DS has been taking a step or two for the past few weeks and today went for about 5 or so pretty steadily, so I'm assuming he'll be walking well soon, but I was starting to get nervous because DD also was walking well by around 10 or 11 months.  Obvio
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Not walking at one isn't behind. Many many babies don't walk by then. I know its hard, but don't compare your 2 LOs. Every baby is different.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Not even close here. I walked at 12 months, my niece walked at 13, my brother at 15. We aren't worried at all.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Totally normal. However, remember that they are two DIFFERENT people...so they are going to do things a bit differently. When she is ready, she'll do it. My DD didn't walk until 16 months...now she is walking every where. She could have done it a long

After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

• Ds1 walked early too and ds2 doesn't seem at all interested. I'm not concerned I know he will figure it out soon. At daycare there are babies his age already walking and while instinctively I want to compare them, I try to understand that every baby devel
  • My DS walked at 11 months.  DD is no where near that.  Doesn't pull up and doesn't cruise.  She'll get there, I am not worried.
  • My dd pulled up at 13 months, cruised at 14 months walked at 17 months.  She is fine 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • DD took 13 months. DS is not there yet either.
  • Not behind at all.

DD1 didn't walk until almost 18 months. And now she is a VERY active 3.5 year old.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"