Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Please stop kissing my baby on the lips...

I am seeking advice on how to tell people to stop kissing my kids on the lips. I've tried saying it nonchalantly, and most friends and family know I'm a germ freak, so why do people keep kissing them, and does anyone else feel the same way or am I being over the top?

Re: Please stop kissing my baby on the lips...

• that is not over the top! who mouth kisses a baby besides the mom? Speak up when they are going in for it if you can

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I would punch someone in the mouth for kissing my kid on the lips. Well not really, but I would feel like doing it. I know it is a southern thing, but I do not agree with it. My recommendation would be to say we are not a mouth kissing family; so pleas

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 2 image
  • Loading the player...
  • "Please don't kiss _______ on the lips. Cheek only, please. We're trying to prevent the spread of germs. Thanks!"
  • OP, I wouldn't want anyone else kissing my baby on the lips either...even I, as her mother, try not to (unless she moves her head..she likes to try to lick you when you kiss her) b/c I would have to have picked some cooties up at work and not know it and

BFP #1 12/02/11, M/C 12/08/11
    BFP #2 04/06/12, DD born 12/20/12
    BFP #3 06/09/14, M/C 06/15/14

• I would seriously come unglued if ANYONE tried to kiss my baby on the lips...even my family. Course, they have never tried, they know better. I wouldn't hesitate to scold them...if they get mad, they get mad.

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• I am paranoid that someone will kiss LO on the mouth! I think I'd have to hold myself back from grabbing my baby away from them while instead saying "Oh, please don't kiss her on the mouth, I so don't want to get her to sick!"

Seriously, people a

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't think you can (or should) be nonchalant about this.  Just say please don't touch her hands or face. 

• You should say something. My pet peeve is people kissing her hands-ugh, she lives with her hands in her mouth. I always scrub her down afterwards, but Im too chicken to tell them off.
  • LimaDLimaD member
    I totally get not wanting them kissing your kid on the lips.  I also understand not wanting to be rude/mean about it--they're kissing them to love up on them not to intentionally cause problems.  I'd say something like "Don't take this the wrong
  • If they are about to do it say, "I wouldn't do that, last time I got near her mouth she spit up on my face." That should scare people away, right?

Seriously though, every mom has specific things they just can not tolerate, and as long as you're

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • If you BF and wanna be snarky you can always say 'when you kiss my babies lips its like your kissing my nipple!' That might make then think twice! Hahaha I'm laughing so hard right now 

• If you BF and wanna be snarky you can always say 'when you kiss my babies lips its like your kissing my nipple!' That might make then think twice! Hahaha I'm laughing so hard right now 

• I would be quite blunt and tell them to stop immediately.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • What about just saying something like, "At LO's last doctor's visit.  The pedi talked to us about keeping our baby healthy, making sure we wash our hands frequently, not letting anyone kiss him/her anywhere but the top of their head, etc."  
  • You are not over the top. I hate when complete strangers say "I won't touch baby", they say hi to him and touch his arm or top of his head. REALLY, people????? You just said I won't touch him. I am by no means a germaphob but I still don't want to spre

Nov 2012 BMB January Siggy Challenge
    Those Presedential Fitness Tests Were Torture

• My pediatrician specifically told us that no one, not even the parents, should kiss a baby on the lips because we have germs in our mouths that can cause cavities in baby teeth. This would be a great excuse to convince people not to kiss your baby on the
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"