Pre-School and Daycare

What does your dress and leggings wearing DD wear in the summer?

I'm debating if its even worth the effort to buy shorts for this summer or just let her wear sundresses all summer again.
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: What does your dress and leggings wearing DD wear in the summer?

• DD1 wore sundresses most of last summer and has a bunch for this summer, but I still buy some of the stretchy cotton shorts to put underneath the dresses that are on the shorter side. I also have a few skirt/skort and top outfits and a few shorts/capris a
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Dresses and skirts. I bike the bike shorts to go under so you cant see underwear.  I also take DD to pick out clothes now.  She is pretty good at telling me what she likes.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageKKDRAGONFLY:
    Dresses and skirts. I bike the bike shorts to go under so you cant see underwear.  I also take DD to pick ou
    BFP 2/14/08, DD1 born 10/11/08 (natural); BFP 5/16/10, DD2 born 01/12/11 (c/s, breech)
    TTC #3: BFP 4/27/12, Ectopic 5/16/12 Expectant Management, 8/15/12 Cleared to TTC
    BFP 9/25/12 EDD 6/6/13, Shooting 3-for-3 from the line: It's a Girl
    PgAL/PAL Welcome
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It was 80 here yesterday and DD wore a skirt. She already asked to wear shorts underneath. This yr, it will be shorts again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have dresses all bought and very few shorts for my DD for this summer.

• My almost 8 year hasn't outgrown the dress & leggings yet.

She wears sundresses in the summer with bike shorts (if at camp or daycare).   She also like the cotton skorts from The Children's Place with a tee.  She almost never wears

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageshopgirl78:

My almost 8 year hasn't outgrown the dress & leggings yet.

She wears sundresses in the summer with bike

• mine are big on skirts - I try to make sure to buy the ones with built in shorts to make my own life easier...
  • DD definitely does dresses all summer long. I looked high and low for solid color bike shorts for her to wear under the dresses and finally found some called "cartwheel shorts" from The Children's Place. They are awesome, seem to fit well, and are pretty
  • imageswoop24:
    DD definitely does dresses all summer long. I looked high and low for solid color bike shorts for her to wear under t
    Smiley: April '05 Rocky: May '06 Tex: July '09
  • Yeah I know A won't wear shorts either so I'm not even bothering. Like PPs mentioned, a lot of her skirts are actually "skorts" which is good.

• imageKKDRAGONFLY:
    Dresses and skirts. I bike the bike shorts to go under so you cant see underwear.  I also take DD to pick ou
  • She usually wears dresses and skirts.  She has a few pairs of shorts, but doesn't wear them very often. 
    Ms. A  - 2007, Mr. C - 2009
  • In the school uniform area of Target (big girls section), they sell something called "Playground shorts." They're thin, stretchy, short bike shorts. The XS is pretty tiny.
  • Even though my DD is sort of a tomboy, she mostly wears dresses in the summer.  She says they're cooler and more comfortable.   When she was younger, I would get her two pairs of shorts and 4 tops, just for occasions when a dress is really a

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • imagebrightning:
    In the school uniform area of Target (big girls section), they sell something called "Playground shorts." They're
  • We do shorts under because we go to the playground a lot and just play outside a lot and on the slides the shorts are a big deal.  They really protect the hiney from an over hot slide!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• My kids do a combo of dresses with shorts underneath and shorts.  Depending on what we are doing that day (or what they are doing at daycamp/summer programs) dresses are just not an option.  They also have a ton of cut skirts with built in short
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • dress, sans leggings

and usually sans shoes 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"