November 2012 Moms

Napssssssss suck

Lets talk naps. I'm sure we've discussed this before, but how many naps does LO take a day? Are they scheduled? Or based on his cues? What do you do to get him to nap?

So for me: B takes 3 to 4 naps a day. I put him down based on his cues yawning, eye rubbing. But these have been coming about a predictable time each day. 8:30/11:30/4 and then maybe around 6. He naps usually around 45 min to an hr, but sometimes I can get the first or second nap to be 2 hrs, and the following one will fall a bit later because of that. I will hold him, rock him while standing and sing while doing butt pats. But he usually just screams the whole time. I'm wondering if I'm waiting too long to start naps? Like, once I see him yawn, did I wait too long? Already over tired at that point? Also, a lot of times now I just have to lay him down bc he won't stop screaming and then he will put him to sleep within 5 min usually. Should I not even try rocking him down anymore?

Re: Napssssssss suck

• Benjamin is up at 8 or 9. I feed him and play for an hour. Then he naps in his swing for 2 hours or so. Then he naps once or twice more in early and late afternoon. Those are more like cat naps. Maybe 20 minutes, soooometimes an hour.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • First of all, let me just say that I am sorry your having a rough time, bc sadly I can relate!  

And to answer your question, supposedly if they are rubbing their eyes/yawning/etc., they are already overtired, and it's going to take extra ef

BFP #1 06.20.11 I EDD 03.22.12 I MMC 09.01.11 (baby measured 6w4d) I D&C 09.07.11
    BFP #2 02.21.12 I EDD 10.29.12 I DS born 11.06.12

Surprise BFP #3 07.27.13 I EDD 04.02.14 I Stick baby stick!
    blog I pinterest

** I'm hopping all over boards these days, please @quote me for speedy replies :) **

• Loading the player...
  • My LO use to not nap at all! Since I started sleep training 3 weeks ago, she takes a nap of about 2 hours or 2 hours and a half in the morning, another 2 hours in the afternoon, a short nap of about 45 min between 5 and 6. Last feeding at 7h00 and out for
  • My dd takes 4 naps a day. She sleeps between each feeding still. We have always loosely followed the easy method. Right now she eats every 3 hrs. Our day is based on what time she wakes up in the morning. And she is only awake for 1.5 to 2 hrs at a time.
  • A has 2 - 4 naps a day. She starts to yell at her toys when she gets tired, and that usually comes before the yawning and eye rubbing. She sleeps best cuddled up with me on the couch, but I am in the process of breaking her of that. She sleeps for 40 m

050 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • L has been a non-napper or cat-napper up until two days ago when we moved him into his crib in his own room.  Since then he's been taking 3 naps a day, between 45 minutes & 2.5 hours (hallelujah).    He seems to get sleepy about 2 ho

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"