February 2013 Moms

sleeping

How do we all put LO's to sleep?

I've been freaked out talking to my friend who is a pedi (with no kids). She asked me if I let LO fall asleep on her own. I nurse/rock her to sleep and then put her down. I read up on it a bit since and all the "experts" say to put them down drowsy and let them fall asleep on their own. LO sleeps 6-8 hrs and doesn't wake up until I wake her up to feed (I am breastfeeding).

Would you change anything? She is 7 weeks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: sleeping

• I wouldn't worry about it yet. Especially if she is sleeping so great!!!
    photo 997d7ce2-9f44-4a90-b78f-0ddf5f488d41_zps82d963f4.jpg
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Amelia usually falls asleep during the twenty minutes of upright time after a feeding. Then I swaddle her and put her in her bassinet.
    Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Loading the player...
  • Uhh... Yeah, if I put DD down drowsy, she wakes up and starts screaming. I recently discovered that a nightly bath is the key to a good night's sleep. We only use soap 2 or 3 times a week, the other times it's just warm water. But a bath followed by som

• DD usually gets pretty drowsy when she is nursing before bed and I lay her down in her RNP awake and she will fall asleep about 10-15 minutes later. But sometimes she falls asleep nursing and I let her just sleep on my chest for awhile because she is alre
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
    Lucy Kate 2/9/13
    m/c 12/30/11 - our Christmas baby
  • Personally, I'm not going to worry about that until he's older. From what I understand LOs aren't really emotionally ready for self soothing until they are 4 months old. There isn't much I can do about it anyway because he's so used to our nighttime routi
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • He usually falls asleep nursing or in his swing. He is co sleeping right now since every time I put him in his bassinet he wakes up.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My LO fights sleep like crazy. There is no way that I could put her down awake. At this point rocking to sleep isn't working either...
  • imagemishka29:
    My LO fights sleep like crazy. There is no way that I could put her down awake. At this point rocking to sleep isn't
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DS is 5 weeks and we just started a routine. He usually starts to get pretty tired between 7 and 8pm, so when I start to see him rub his eyes, yawn, or getting fussy we start with a warm bath with J&J lavender bedtime bath, which calms him down ins
  • DD would never ever fall asleep if I put her down drowsy. It worked for us for me to nurse her to sleep for a while, but eventually we did have sleep issues and had to sleep train. Nothing you can do to force them to fall asleep on their own at this age
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS is a pretty easy baby and I'm very lucky I can put him down drowsy and he will fall asleep.

DD was NOT like that. I had to nurse her to sleep or rock her for 9 months. Only took 2 days of sleep training to fall asleep on her own and now she's

Derek - February 2013        Caelyn April 2011
    imageimage

• Right now the way it works is DS gets swaddled and is given a bottle. He will fall into a light sleep while drinking. I usually rock him while shushing for a few minutes and put him into his RnP. This usually wakes him up a little and I sit next to the Rn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"