3rd Trimester

clothes for hospital

If baby may weigh at least 10lbs when born should i bring 0 to 3 mths clothes or maybe even a few 3 to 6?

Re: clothes for hospital

• 0-3 usually goes to 12 pounds, unless it's Gerber brand, those tend to run a full size smaller.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I am bringing one or two outfits in each of those sizes, (newborn, 0-3,3-6), just to prepare.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My 10lb girl fit newborn items we had for a couple of weeks. A lot of the 0-3 items she could wear until close to 6mths.

I think it really depends on the proportions of your baby, but in my experience they make baby clothes fairly roomy. </p

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• My girls were 9:5 and 9:3, and I brought them both home in newborn clothes.  I kept them in that size for about a week, but 0-3 would habe been fine.  I think that 3-6 would be way too big, even if your child is 10 pounds.
  • You can look up the size charts on the manufacturer's website. Or just google "carters size chart" (or whatever brand) and you should get an idea.

Like someone else said, proportion will play a part, but you will probably be fine with 0-3 month.<

• thanks everyone i appreciate it!
  • jlpevjlpev member
    My son was 8 lbs 4 oz. He could still wear NB. But I brought NB and 03. He could actually wear both in different brands. I would just take both.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DS was 9 lbs & he only fit in the newborn clothes for 1 week. But I did still use them since it was winter & NB size is the only ones that have the 'mittens'. After that he went to 3 mos size right away and literally w/in a month was at 6 mos clothes.
  • I don't know exactly how big my baby will be (of course), but I won't be surprised if he's big... I was 9.5 lbs, and I was measuring large at earlier appointments. I plan to bring one NB outfit and one 0-3 outfit, just to make sure. I think a 3-6 outfit w
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"