May 2013 Moms

Discouraging doctor!

I am 32 weeks and went for a visit at LD, naturally I was attended by another doctor. He did an ultrasound to check on LO. Well turns out she's still breech. This doctor just went off an a rant saying
"you're going to end up with a csection for sure, there's no chance of her turning anymore...also when you are offered a ECV don't do it, they don't work!!"
I was shocked. I've never been told anything like this before. I knew she had been breech before and ones preparing myself for a possible csection, but I ha never been bombarded like this. I left from there crying. Have any of you all had a breech baby turn after 32 weeks???

Re: Discouraging doctor!

• bes12bes12 member
    FTM...BUT my dr. said he has until 36-37 weeks to turn.  She said after that they pretty much won't...I think you still have time!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Just like pp, my OB said they don't worry about it until 36 weeks and at that point they can try to turn her before going straight to a c-section. I wouldn't worry right now, you have time.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My sisters baby turned during labor. 
  • I have heard 36 weeks as well.  I can tell my little guy is still flipping all the time as well.  Don't let this doctor discourage you and do some spinning babies to try to encourage movement!
  • LO has been head down since I can remember, and she still is. But DS was head down my entire pregnancy, and flipped transverse during my hideous induction. So he was still able to turn at 41 weeks. I wouldnt worry until you go into labor, if you need a se
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Absolutely... Mine was breech at a 32 week ultrasound. I did some Spinning Babies exercises for a week and the baby was confirmed vertex at a 33 week ultrasound. Baby was still vertex at 34 weeks so I'm hoping all my work worked!
    The Breech Tilt wor
  • I'm a first time mom at 35wks and when we saw OB on Thurs I told her baby was still flipping all around but I had felt a noticeable drop. She said not to worry about baby's position until at least 36 or 37wks. Says all baby's are different and moms carry
  • Mine turned at 33 weeks!!!
  • I know some said to check out spinningbabies.com, which is a great idea, but my co-worker had great success with acupuncture to get her baby to flip as well.  And based on what they said at my childbirth class, I agree that you shouldn't worry yet. &
  • F*ck that guy.

My Dr. said she doesn't even lift an eyebrow if a baby is breach at 32 weeks, so clearly it's a matter of opinion.

The success of ECV is dependent on the Dr.'s level of expertise and the "type" of breach baby is.

And b

imageimageimageimageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • MmW36MmW36 member
    Uhhhh. Wow. I agree, that doctor must have been having a really off day. Everything I've read and been told states that you shouldn't even worry about this until week 36. Many babies are still moving around in there. I mean, it never hurts to prepare your
  • Thanks ladies!! Reading you alls responses...made me feel so much better. Hoping it all works out great in the end.

• My baby is also breech and she said there is still time for her to flip. She doesn't even think about a scheduled c section until 3637 weeks. I am surprised your doc would already be planning for you to have a c sec.
  • At 32 weeks I was told not to worry until 36 weeks.  Babe flipped at 34 weeks.  You're still fine.  
  • That Dr. sounds like an . I had this conversation with my Dr. last week because she can't feel which direction the baby is. She said that they normally don't worry about it until 36 weeks. If she still can't tell by 36 weeks they will send me for and ultr
    image"Image">imageAnniversaryimageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"