Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Anyone vaccinate baby with mmr while pregnant with second?

My son is due for his mmr and chicken pox vaccine on monday and I am 11 weeks pregnant.  I have heard that because these vaccines are live that the baby will shed the live virus for up to a month.  This of course has me nervous as I do not want that affecting my fetus.  Has anyone vaccinated their first while pregnant with the second and everything was fine?

Re: Anyone vaccinate baby with mmr while pregnant with second?

• If you are concerned, talk to your pedi and your OB. But yes, I did continue with DD1's vaccines on schedule while pregnant with DD2. I was about 10-11 weeks pregnant when she got her varicella and MMR at 12 months, neither of our doctors was concerned.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yes DD got varicella when I was 20wks pregnant and MMR when I was 31wks pregnant. I had concern about the varicella vaccine but the pedi put those concerns to rest.

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • Loading the player...
  • Talk with your pedi. I was told that the feces of children given live vaccines shouldn't be handled by pregnant women for a certain amount of time, maybe two weeks? after the vaccination. If you can't avoid changing diapers, just be extra careful, but of
  • Dd got her MMR at 12 months on schedule, I was around 16 weeks, but I am vaccinated and knew I was still immune based on recent blood work I just had done. Most doctors order a rubella immunity test as part of the first trimester blood screening, ask y

Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"