August 2013 Moms

Baby Movements

I don't think I've felt anything yet. However I have felt two things that make me wonder.

The first one, sometimes I get a pushing sensation right up below my ribs, but its a pushing not a pulse. It just a push that doesn't stop until I push back at it. BUT I don't think it's gas, I really don't for even a second. It's not dependent upon what I have eaten. I KNOW it isn't gas! 

The second thing is an electric zap type of feeling, in the same spot the pressure is I have just started feeling this tingling in one tiny area. Its not quick, it's just sort of a low dull tingling.

But I have no idea if these could even be movements, its way up under my ribs. Maybe 4 inches above my bellybutton, and this is the only spot I'm feeling anything.

Is this movement? I don't think it is but am anxious to feel SOMETHING because I haven't since I felt her "swimming" about a month and a half ago. 

Re: Baby Movements

• Sounds like just muscle spasms, or gas. I know you think its not gas, but all your guts are in places they aren't normally, and you can feel some things you aren't used to feeling in odd places because of it. Depending on how far along you are, you'll

image image

• I think you might need to talk to your doctor. I highly doubt your kid is at your ribs right now. Mine's just under my belly button, and I'll be 20 weeks on Wednesday.
  • Loading the player...
  • That's what I thought, I was explaining this to a family friend and she was convinced it was the baby. I was pretty sure her feet wouldn't be up near my ribs, I've got an appointment on Monday, I'll see what he has to say then. I'm just so sick of not fee
  • Baby won't be that high up yet. Try laying on your back and taking a few deep breaths. When I first felt kicks it felt like gas or maybe a muscle spasm. Every woman and baby is different, hang in there!
  • Baby isn't in your ribs until much later. Could be spasms.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • imagemagdalina.h:
    Baby isn't in your ribs until much later. Could be spasms.

This.

Just be

• I get the same pain around my ribs. I usually get it from sitting too long and just assumed iit was referred pain from my back. I have scoliosis and feel like my baby is just causing my back to pull differently. Do you have back pain with your rib pain?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"