January 2013 Moms

Nipple speed

So I was just wondering when do you know your LO is ready to move from the SLOW nipple to the FAST nipple? Does anybody know?

My 12 week old DD is still using the SLOW nipple, but she seems to always want to fall asleep at the bottle and what should take 20mins usually ends up taking 35 to 50 mins to feed her. Then last week I have noticed she just spends a lot of time playing and chewing the nipple. So I am not sure if maybe this is a sign that its time for the FAST nipple?

Re: Nipple speed

• I heard collapsing the nipple is a sure fire sign. I like Avent because they have stage 2 nipples so it's like an in between for fast and slow flo. LO seems to do ok on these. I tried to use the stage 3 but milk was coming out the sides of his mouth and h
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We switched to medium flow nipples way early on, maybe at 5 weeks or so.  It was taking DS so long to finish a bottle, and he would get angry.  He also was very gassy, I think from working so hard and swallowing a lot of air.  He has bee

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• Loading the player...
  • No advice here but I am thinking of switching to level 2 nipples soon like tomorrow. DS has all of a sudden gotten very fussy at the bottle and I wonder if its too slow.

• We just switched from slow to medium. We made the switch because DD was getting very frustrated during feeding. She would take forever, pull the nipple out of her mouth several times and then act like she was looking for it, sort of chew on the nipple...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I put medium flow nipples in lo's easter basket how fun. Will start this week.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • We switched to the born free level 2 nipples about 3 to 4 weeks ago. He was fighting the bottle to try and get milk out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"