Preemies

It's been awhile

Even after 6 months, why didn't anyone tell me it'd be so hard to go to the hospital?

Work has been crazy or i would have posted more. Bradley is thriving. Just turned 6 months 4 adjusted. Still exclusively breastfed, meeting 45 month milestones, growing... He's bigger now than my 36 weeker was at 6 months 14lb!

We're not having more children, and we just moved. Found the box of preemie clothes and knew it was time. Went to antes, where I spent 35 days. Cried, hugged my nurses. Went to the NICU. Cried when I handed over the clothes and hugged his nurses. Now I'm sitting in the car feeding my little man aka. Gigantor, and I feel empty.

I'm sure this is normal, but I wasn't prepared. I wonder, what happens now? Life as usual? No clue. But I'm so grateful. So grateful. For everything.
Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: It's been awhile

• How awesome that you donated his clothes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I knew it might be awkward, but I never dreamed I'd be so emotional.

I had to donate his clothes. Using them for two babies of my own makes me sad. I figured they'd brighten up an isolette or two, which was better than my guilt. Plus I told
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Good to hear an update from you! And glad to hear your guy is thriving so well! That's awesome that you donated his clothes. Thinking I'll do the same with my little guy's preemie stuff. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"