February 2013 Moms

How do you bedshare safely

I discovered that everyone was right and LO sleeps better in our bed, however, I sleep worse. I don't know whether to cuddle her, where to put my arms, where to put the blankets, where to put the pillow, whether to put her between DH and i, and the list goes on..I am so afraid I will suffocate her with my pillow or clothes or blankets. What does your set up look like?
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic      image
View Full Size Image

Re: How do you bedshare safely

• DH and I put E between us, safely below the pillows.  This way between both of our bodies, the blankets are never close to baby's head.  E usually wakes up around 4am to nurse, and after this, I place him on my side (so Mommy gets a little of Da
                    We're Going to be a Family of 5!

Lilypie - (PaHE) Lilypie - (4noI)

Lilypie - (2q9u)

• I love the idea of bedsharing, but my SIDS paranoia won't let me.  :(

A friend of mine bedshares and they do it like this -- the mattress is on the floor and the parents dress really warm so they only put a sheet on the bed.  The baby

SAHM to DD1 (7), DS (5) and DD2 (1)
  • Loading the player...
  • My personal tips...
    Put the baby on the outside, you won't roll on your baby but DH could. You could lay side by side or on your side facing LO with your arm tucked under the pillow. LO should be flat, no head on the pillow and no big comforter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD sleeps between us below the pillows and above the covers. Sometimes I cradle her in one arm if she likes it or if we're nursing and we get a better latch that way, but usually she is flat on her back. DH never rolls onto her and he's good about keeping
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • a&s05a&s05 member
    DD mostly sleeps on the outside of me. We have a cosleeper which acts as a barrier and makes me feel less afraid of her falling out of bed. I lay on my side and I tuck the blankets
    In around my body or between my legs.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I don't have anyone else in bed with me, but I'd probably stick to keeping baby on the outside, not in the middle just in case. I sleep on my side (sometimes sort of on my back), blankets low, with one arm tucked under my pillow, and the other resting

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRunaway22:
    I don't have anyone else in bed with me, but I'd probably stick to keeping baby on the outside, not in the middle just i
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"