April 2013 Moms

Gag reflex

Ugh - for some reason my gag reflex has kicked into high gear in the mornings. It's only been going on for about a week, but every single morning when I'm brushing my teeth I'm gagging into the sink.

I'm not nauseous at all and I can brush my teeth just fine at night.

Strange. And I'm hoping that it has more to do with the cold that I picked up from dd than with being pregnant. I might be okay with the whole 10-14 days for a cold, but thinking about gagging, not brushing my teeth well, and having morning breath for the next 4-5 weeks sucks.

Why yes, I am complaining about something miniscule while others have it much rougher. Stick out tongue

Brenda IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: Gag reflex

• I am the same way..gag in the am normally OK in the pm
  • I gagged over a banana this morning....something I haven't done in about 7 months.  For some reason the texture does not sit well with me.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the same boat - it's like I've been thrown back to the first tri.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • This is one of my only pg symptoms. I gag every time I brush my teeth. And throw up from it at least once a week. But if that is all it is I am fine with that. I am a SAHM so I usually just give myself an hour and then try again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had this everything time I brushed my teeth. It was horrible. But since the 3rd tri. I havent had a problem.  Hope it doesnt come back in the next 4 weeks. 
  • Mine kicked in a little at the start of the 3rd trimester, but this last week or two has been really bad.  I'm sure it will go away - but probably not until little ones arrive...
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageSparkleButtsMama:
    I'm in the same boat it's like I've been thrown back to the first tri.

Me too.
    CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"