January 2013 Moms

If one more person tells me...

"Sleep when the baby sleeps," I might punch them in the throat. Ugh!!!

What makes you want to punch someone in the throat?

Re: If one more person tells me...

• I have had so many strangers see the baby, which is my second boy, and say " oh, we'll now you have to try for a girl". As if I could never be truly happy with just my two boys. I think it's so rude. We are done at two and I am over the moon to have two h
    photo 8614cb38-d577-4c0f-bbe8-185495dd3bea_zpsd7fc2b80.jpg
  • 'you're starving that baby trying to breast feed it! You HAVE to use formula or he'll starve! Insert random family member... tried and almost killed her baby doing it!'
    um...do you SEE the fat rolls on this child? even his chins have chins! Trust me
    imageimageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageMichieU79:

imagekitkat=2

My Blog: Sewing, crafting, motherhood, computers, and random musings... Sleep is for the weak

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I hate when people namely grandmothers but anyone who just tries to take him from me. Yes, I might look like I need help. Take the bag not the baby I'm carrying. I get they want cuddles but ASK before grabbing my son. And don't get butt hurt when I say I'
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • "he's so big time to start the rice cereal !! " (typically stated from a stranger from an older generation, but not always)

First of all, if he is so big, then clearly what i am currently feeding is working !!

• Yikes to all of these! When Ds was a newb I got "feed him formula, it will help him sleep at night." Um no. Not at all, but now my milk supply is effed up. Thanks for that
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • imagekimmlet:
    imageMichieU79:</stron
  • "When you having another one?"

"Are you sure she isn't teething?"

"Why don't you just ff that baby? Breastfeeding is just weird."

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• OP, that is the one thing that people say that makes me want to punch them in the throat.  "Sleep when he sleeps?"  Oh, okay, so in the 20 minute nap that he takes, I'll sleep.  But then neither the dog nor I will get to use the bathroom, o
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • def sleep when she sleeps...i couldn't sleep bc i kept checking on her
    also my ils...fil never wears his hearing aids and yells her name at her when she's sleeping alllll the time...and my mil keeps saying she must be teething bc of all the drool...

• I can't tell you how many people have told me that I'm not burping my colicky, MSPI baby correctly and that is the only reason she is crying. As if I hadn't thought of burping her in the last 14 weeks?
  • I have to laugh at this one. I get the "when you have your second one..." Bit and I'm like um I haven't quite forgotten what labor felt like drom the first one and he's only two months old! Sheesh! :P
    To my little one - may God hold you in his arms until we are able to hold you in ours.
  • "She eats all the time b/c she is going to be tall. Therefore she needs formula, not just breastmilk" - a random Home Depot Worker... my kid is double her birth weight at 3 months, I think she is growing just fine.

BFP #1 05/03/12 DD: 12/18/12
    BFP #2 05/26/14 MMC: 6/26/14 D&C: 7/18/14
    BFP #3 10/09/14 MC 10/24/14

• The annoying BFing comments from my MIL. We have had basically every issue possible with BFing and my MIL LOVES to talk about it all.the.time. I am very self conscious and HATE talking about the issues. I honestly ignore her calls because I know she will

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageBLPL101:
    The annoying BFing comments from my MIL.

YES!!!

My two biggest pet peeves:
    <
  • People saying I'm spoiling my son by holding him when he fusses. Stfu.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • When people discourage me from losing weight because "Some people just need the fat to support BFing!" This may be true but I lost it all with DD1 and I just refuse to carry an extra 15-20lbs on my short, small frame for another year. Nope, won't do it. I
  • The "oh she's not hungry! She just ate!" Is definitely the MOST annoying thing ever. It seems to be from my parents and inlaws the most. Yes she is hungry, she's always hungry! And even if she's not, nursing her is a sure fire way to calm her down, so let
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I used to be annoyed about the 'sleep when baby sleeps' until I finally was exhausted enough to do it. Now I try as much as I can. But my main reason for not being able to was because I'm afraid he'll stop breathing! I got a Snuza monitor and now I can

• imagekitkat=23:
    "Sleep when the baby sleeps," I might punch them in the throat. Ugh!!! What makes you want to punch someone in
    Anniversary

\

• imagehansonam446:
    People saying I'm spoiling my son by holding him when he fusses. Stfu.

This!!!!!!!!! OMGSTFU!
  • I almost want to say that was the worst advice I received. Not once did I ever sleep when LO slept. Accept at night. When lo would fall asleep that's when I could get things done around the house. And it seems like that was the only time!
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"