Success after IF

Officially introducing myself- Long!

Hi everyone, 

I know I have been occasionally posting here from PAIF and then I have disappeared a bit with postpartum haze but I thought I would officially intro over here for those that don't know me.  

We started ttc knowing we might face some challenges based on DH's medical history. We confirmed azoospermia a few months later and he spent almost a year on hCG and FSH injections before we got any sperm. We tried IVF last April but got cancelled preER because I didn't respond to stims (can't believe how much of a baby i was for those 9 days when DH took the same stuff for over a year...). I was put on DHEA and the plan was to try IVF again in Aug 2012 but in June I got a surprise BFP. We assume DH's sperm counts must have continued to rise on the injects. 

My PG was fairly uncomplicated and we were team green. Baby boy was born at 41w2d (being post dates was excruciating!!) after induction at 8lbs 1oz. I have struggled with breastfeeding so far but I am still at it and I think he just had a growth spurt the last few days. DH is currently sick with his third cold in 2 weeks and that has been really hard. My mum was here for 2 weeks and now my in laws are as I prepare for the first part of the  biggest set of exams of my life next week. I have been getting minimal studying done and am having meltdowns on a daily basis as a result. I suspect I have some ppd but my appointment with mental health isn't until May.

We have some sperm frozen and our hope is to try for number 2 with ICSI before we have to move across the country in about 9 months but we will see what my OB and RE say about that. There is no way we can afford to have DH back on injects again so that is a limiting factor. Right now I don't want to think about being PG so soon again but realistically it may be our only shot at a second bio child.  

Anyway, thanks for reading this far. This post ended up being a lot longer than i expected! Lots of you have been tremendous support to me in the last year and I look forward to trying to repay the favour on this side of things. Happy Easter! 

Re: Officially introducing myself- Long!

• Welcome and congrats on your boy!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Welcome and Congrats officially!!
    Diagonsed PCOS TTC since May 2009
    First M/C December 2010 Second M/C August 2011
    Oct 2011~Second round clomid 50 mg; BFN
    Nov 2011~Third round clomid 50 mg: BFP
    Dec 11- Beta #1 91;Dec 13- Beta #2 186.2
    Dec 27- third miscarriage
    May 25th- Beta #1 369;May 27th- Beta #2 798
    Baby girl born Jan 23, 9lbs 3oz, 21 1/2" long
    May 27th-Beta #1 80; May 29th- Beta #2 304; May 31st- Beta #3 860
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yay, kaf!!! So glad you are over here (officially). I've been meaning to ask the nature of your exam. However, I totally get it if you want to keep indentifying details off the interwebz. Good luck with the studying and exam. I'm glad that you have hel

TTC Since 3/2010
    Me-36, Unexplained Infertility, DH-35, all clear
    Clomid 50mg 12/2011 = BFN
    Clomid 100mg 1/2012 = BFN, with Cyst
    IVF #1 Lupron/Menopur/Gonal-f/HCG Trigger
    ER 4/19/12 = 11 retrieved, 6 fertilized,
    ET 4/22/12 = 2 transfered (day 3), remaining 3 weren't good enough to freeze
    Beta 5/3 = BFP, 87 Beta #2 5/7 560.9 Beta #3 5/9 1376.5 First u/s One Baby, 125bpm!
    Second u/s, 176bmp! Kicked over to the OB by the RE at 8w. Team Green!! 
    Baby girl J arrived two weeks early! Born into water, med-free. Hooray for Team Pink!

TTC #2 - back to the RE, treatment started 12/2014. 

• Welcome and congratulations!!! Immediately post partum I considered it a good day if I just had one crazy break down a day. Your hormones are so out of control. When you add that to the sleep deprivation and the fact that you are trying to prepare for som
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • mnj05mnj05 member
    Welcome!! Congrats on baby boy!

imagePhotobucket

TTC #1 since 3/2011
    DX: anovulatory and severe MFI
    DH is a testicular cancer survivor
    IVF#1 w/ICSI lupron, gonal f, ovidrel
    ER 6/15/12 6R 6M 6F! ET 6/20/12
    Beta #1: 154 Beta #2: 509 Beta #3: 7326
    Baby Boy born 3/1/2013

TTC#2: 6/2014 all testing came back normal

IVF#2 (#1 for LO#2) 9/2014 - 17R 10M 10F 4 blasts frozen on day 6.

FET #1 10/15/14 - Beta #1: 216  Beta #2: 823

Baby Boy born 7/10/2015

• Welcome & congrats!  GL with your exams.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Welcome and congrats! What a story. BFing is really hard. The bf board is really great if you have questions, need advice, or just support. GL with your exams. The first few weeks with a newborn are SO hard, even without a big exam to prepare for. Just re
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Big Congrats on your baby boy!!

If you even have a small suspicion that you have ppd, I think you should call your doctor asap.  Good luck! 

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Philo

Baby N conceived after 1 miscarriage and more than 2 years of TTC. Diagnosis was low sperm count. We found success after 3 months of anastrozole to increase DH's testosterone and one IUI.
    Some charts AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

I'm stupid. You're smart. I was wrong. You were right. You're the best. I'm the worst. You're very good-looking. I'm not attractive. - Happy Gilmore
  • Welcome and congrats!  My baby M was born 41w1d (c-section after failing induction), so I totally understand what you meant by being post dates)!

BFing is really really hard, so kudos to you for doing the best you can.  Also, having dai

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
  • Congrats and welcome. Boys are so fun!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats and welcome!  I can't imagine taking exams right after bringing home a newborn!  Good luck to you.
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Welcome!
    IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • kaf7kaf7 member
    Thanks everyone. I can't move the appointment up but after this week I will investigate other resources in the meantime. Helpful to know I'm not the only one having daily meltdowns at this stage. 
  • Yay! I am so happy to see you here!

Big welcome and congrats! I am sorry to hear about trouble with BF, I hope things have gotten better.  Do you have an LC you can talk to? Those growth spurts in the beginning are rough though!  I am s

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrat's & welcome :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"