Babies: 0 - 3 Months

not using a pacificer?

anyone have success with NOT using a pacifier? do you have an alternative?
TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary

Re: not using a pacificer?

• If your kids a sucker then they will need a binky. Both my kids used one, but they aren't in love with it. I got DD off of hers by 9-10 months very easily. DS has b een even more complacent with his. He'll use one for a bit, but has no real interest. So,
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    No paci here. DD1 wasn't really a paci kid either, but she found her thumb around 2 months old.
    </BLOCKQUO
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNana_Osaki06:

imageTeach
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • imageRussianMommy:
    imageNana_Osa
  • DS never liked pacifiers. We always popped them in anyway for the first few months because boy, did they help. However, he found his thumb after a while and never looked back.

He's 23 months now and definitely a thumb-sucker, but it hasn't been a

natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS one has a paci that's only for sleep time...we're hoping to break the habit this summer. But I agree that I'd rather him use a paci than my boob or his thumb (much harder habit to break)

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• DD wasn't interested in a paci at all and never sucked her thumb. no alternative, its just the way she is. i dont know of any alternatives but im sure as they get a bit older you could try limiting it.
  • DS never took one, so I never really pushed it. He sucks his thumb to sleep, and when he doesn't feel well. I'm not worried about it now, around 2 we'll start to break him of the habit.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    imageRussianM
    OMG too many tickers...
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • i dont use one i just feed him and he's fine
    Pregnancy Ticker Owner & Creator of www.GreatestKidsGames.com
  • DS never took to a paci, he actually hates it.  We tried to give him one, and he got so pissed. He sucked on it so hard for 10 seconds and I think he realized that no milk was coming out, so he literally spit it out.

He doesn't suck his thum

BFP#1 -3/18/12- M/C 3/31/12,
    BFP#2 -4/25/12, Beta#1 17dpo= 800, Beta#2 20dpo= 3800, Ethan James born 1-5-13

BFP#3- February 2015- natural miscarriage

BFP#4- June 2015- Ruptured ectopic, severe hemorrhage and loss of left tube on 7/10/2015

BFP#5- 12/18/15

• imagesecondaryPULSE:
    imageNana_Osaki
  • DS1 almost never used a pacifier. Maybe for daytime naps for a couple months, if that. He never really cared either way, it would just occasionally be easier for us or DCP to put him down for a nap with one. He was never a thumbsucker, and I would vast

• DD won't take a paci and it bums me out! She constantly fights falling asleep. I've gotten her to suck on it a couple times in the car when she desperately wanted to sleep but I had to hold it, she doesn't know how to suck on it and keep it in her mouth I
  • None of my kids took a pacifier. All wanted to suck, but spit the pacifier out. The older two used my breast as a pacifier until they found their thumbs and I'm pretty sure that's what DS will do too. Not all kids like one.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagesecondar
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    imageRussianM
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DS never took a pacifier (or a bottle for that matter.) He was a serious snacker though and didn't sleep through the night until I weaned him. 

DD acts like she is hunger when she is ready for a nap. She will occasionally suck on a pacifier

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD doesn't like them. We've offered a few kinds and she's not interested
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    imageRussian
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageNana_Osaki06:
    imagesecondar
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • No pacifier here, alternative is my breast or her hand.

• DD1 never used one, she just nursed constantly and i never got to put her down or sleep for the first year. DD2 loves her paci and I'm thrilled!
  • I've actually tried to give DS a pacifier several times, but he hates it. Hasn't been thumb sucking either, but he's only 10 weeks so maybe he just hasn't figured it out yet. As far as thumb sucking vs pacifiers, I'm not sure which one I'd prefer to 'brea
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"