March 2013 Moms

"Past Due" Vent

EDD was yesterday, so really I'm not really "late," sure I'm ready for him to vacate, I'm worn out emotionally and physically, but I know that technically he still has time and that he'll come out when he's ready. What I'm not ok with anymore and every single person in my office coming up to me one at a time "You're still here?" No, I'm in your head, it's all a dream! "No baby yet?" Oh, yeah, he came out, I just decided it was best to try and maintain this smuggling a basketball shape. "How are you feeling?" Like a beached whale that's slowly withering a way, how do you think I feel?! "Is he still moving around?" What the $%&( kind of question is that?!?!?! Are you trying to freak me out??? What's everyone else's most obnoxious line of questioning? I know people mean well, but I was hoping/praying/certain he was going to be early, not late.

Re: "Past Due" Vent

• I hate it when people say "you should try walking more" or try having sex, or any of the other natural inducing techniques... I want to be like YOU DONT THINK I'VE TRIED THAT?!?! it clearly didnt work...

• Ugh! Yes, "well I did........ and that worked, you should try that." Aren't you special, I'm so glad that you have the perfect pregnancy experience, I'm sure at no point in time were you glaring at your stomach demanding it get out of you.

I t

• Loading the player...
  • The most annoying one for me is people repeatedly telling me to drink castor oil when I have specifically told them that my doctor has advised against it saying it isn't safe. Another really annoying comment is people continuously asking if I was sure tha
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am due tomorrow. The most annoying for me was when my mom was asking about my mucus plug. When my sister went into labor in September, we were having a birthday party with extended family. Before my parents left for the hospital, my mom felt is necessar
  • Oh my god.... I'd be mortified!
  • My due date was yesterday and everyone was floored when I walked into work this morning. I do not mind dealing with the coworkers....but it is the 20 text messages and 50 facebook messages from friends and family wanting to know if the baby is here yet th
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageMrs.Castaldi:
    EDD was yesterday, so really I'm not really "late," sure I'm ready for him to vacate, I'm worn out emotionally and ph
  • imageKota26:
    My due date was yesterday and everyone was floored when I walked into work this morning. I do not mind dealing with the cow
  • Thankfully, my few closest friends have started taking to talking to me about anything other than if/when they think or I think he's going to make his apperance, so that's been helpful!
  • I get a phone call in the morning and evening from my MIL asking if I'm at the hospital or where the baby is.. About 56 texts from my mother asking "anything yet", "is he moving", plus all the fb messages and texts from everyone else. I'm 2 days past due
    xoxo Heather Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 41w2d and my induction is scheduled for Sunday night.  I quit working the day before my due date and it was the smartest thing I did!  I've been able to relax, my feet and ankles haven't swollen once, and I've had the energy to actually cook
  • imageHeather.111:
    I get a phone call in the morning and evening from my MIL asking if I'm at the hospital or where the baby is.. Ab
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"