May 2013 Moms

Are growth ultrasounds standard?

I never had one with DS and they haven't mentioned anything now.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Are growth ultrasounds standard?

• No. They are commonly used with the high risk mamas or those that are measuring ahead or behind by a margin.
    IMG_5977lb
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• With my first and third pregnancies (this one) I haven't had one.  However, I had one with my second because I was measuring big.  I believe they are usually only done if there is some concern about the size of the baby, or some other issue.&

**DD1 - 7/9/98**

**DS - 11/9/00**

**DD2 - 4/30/13**

• Loading the player...
  • No.  My OB said they only do them if you are measuring 3cm or more off of where you should be.  
  • Nope. I have had GD with both pregnancies with 2 different practices and haven't even had one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • They are at my OB. I am scheduled for one at 36 weeks. I asked at my last appt if it was mandatory that I do it(I really don't want to be scared into thinking I am having a large baby) since it seems out of the norm. She looked at me like I was crazy, and
  • Not unless your baby is a tank like mine making me measure at 38w when I just hit 34 :/

They arent common unless they think something is going on :)

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is really going to depend on the Dr./Practice.
    I've been going to the same practice for years. The Dr. who delivered my son did not do them as a standard practice, only if there was some type of concern.
    Now that he isn't delivering, I'm

• They are standard at the practice I go to. I will have one at 35weeks.
  • They're standard at my doctor's office. I am having one next week, when I am 33 weeks. She said they usually do them around 33-36 weeks.
  • Growth scans are usually for those who are High Risk or measuring big/small.  I'm high risk do to type2 diabetes and baby is measuring big so I have one every 4wks. I'll have one tomorrow.  At 29wks baby measured in at 4lbs 9oz. Kind of scared t
  • They are at my OB, I think it mostly depends on your doctor.  I had one last week and he was measuring really big (although there is a pretty high margin of error on those things, so no one is worried about it), so I am going back at 37 weeks fo
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have had two growth scans because my doctor doesn't think I have enough room in there for her so she wants to make sure she's measuring okay.
  • My OB said she sends all her Mama's at 32 weeks for a growth check, so I think it depends on the OB.. some will only send if you are registering growth differences from the norm, some will send everyone. I am also in canada, dont know if that changes any
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Not usually. I only had one because my fundal height was measuring 3 weeks behind.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• They are not standard in normal pregnancies where baby's growth is on track.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"