Multiples

how important are classes?

How important do you think it is to take classes before the babies come? Our schedules aren't working out with the mulitples class that we're looking to take, and I'm super bummed... Will books suffice? Should I tough it out and go without H?

BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: how important are classes?

• I personally don't think they are that important.  Do you have a multiples group in your area?  This group is also very knowledgeable.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We didn't take any and I think it helped to NOT take any. But I did do a whole lot of research/reading etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegrowbeangrow:
    We didn't take any and I think it helped to NOT take any. But I did do a whole lot of research/reading etc.
    </di
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • I think it's great if you can, but if you can't it's nothing to worry about.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We took a childbirth class before DS and while I didn't learn anything I hadn't already read, it was nice to get a handle on hospital procedures.

This time I'll be delivering at another hospital and we took a tour instead.

I wo

• I'm going to second the not important. I didn't go simply because sitting through hours of a class and waddling around the hospital sounded like torture. I don't regret it. Just preregister at the hospital and know where you have to go, and you'll be good
  • Our multiples class was okay. The most helpful part was on BFing. The BFing multiples class was horrible. I wish I had just taken a singleton BF course. I didn't do the typical childbirth classes, but did a c/s prep course. That was very helpful and eased
    TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• We took a baby prep class which was ok.  Honestly, we learned ALOT more from the nurses in the NICU.  We also took a CPR class.  We were supposed to take a "multiples" class, but it got canceled at the last minute & was never reschedule
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am not taking any classes, not aware of any for multiples in our area.  I didn't take a class either with my first (now 5).  We did the hospital tour and that's it.  I might do the tour again since it's been 6 years and has been taken

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Michelle- 39, DH 41 Mom to 5yo boy (IVF) Latest pregnancy- IVF #1- ER- 11/30 ET- 3 day, 12/3- 3 8 cell embies Beta- 14dpo- 488 Beta- 18dpo- 2500 7 week U/S 1/4- TWINS! EDD 8/21/13
  • I really liked Mothering Multiples, too. Some if the stuff was a little too "alternative" for me, but I otherwise loved it. Happy Sleep Habits, Happy Twins was not useful to me. The author knows his sleep info, but he's clearly never had multiples in his
    4/13/12--1st u/s. IDENTICAL TRIPLETS (?!?) PAIF and SAIF welcome Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"